Chapter 4

Year: 2009

Nothing was our of the ordinary when I awoke the next morning with tears streaming down my face and five nurses standing over me trying to hold me down.

"Cara your fine no one is here to hurt you! Your safe Cara! Everything is okay!" Grace told me. She was a pretty nurse who always worebright red lipstick and had shortred hair. She had been my main nurse for almost the full two years now and I considered her as one of my closest friends. She knew everything about what had happened to my family and I and was the only person that didn't see me as being psycho. Infact, she knew damn well I wasn't crazy and tried for the longest time to convince my psychiatrist to get me out of here and that i didn't belong here. But unfortunately, my random acts of violence said otherwise.

I look up at her, trying to steady my breathing. " Thank you Grace."

Grace waved the other nurses away as she kneeled by the side of my bed,handing me a cup of water and whiping my head with a damp washcloth.

"Another bad dream aboutIT I take it?" Her face was etched with worry. This is why I loved this women: she actually cared, unlike almost all the other people in this building. Psychiatrists wouldn't even look your way, especially if you were in Sector 7.

"Yeah.The same one as I usually have." My breathing was beginning to steady out and I chugged the water she had handed me. With every detail of that nightfresh inmy mind,I shivered as chills were sent up my body. I look down at myhands as I could tell Grace was staring at me.

"Grace, Im fine, I promise. I just...need more time to get over it I guess. I just don't understandhow this place is supposed to help me when allyou guysdo is hand me pills and tell me toget over it, no offence." I look at her as I say this, hoping as to have not offended her.

Grace smiles at me and says, "I know sweety I know. But hey, your the one that decided to play psycho remember? I tried to spring you free but noooooo you wanted to be the total badass and try and throw a nurse out the window. But I understand what ya mean hun. Im still trying to get out of here so don't think I haven't forgotten, cause I haven't. Anyway, you just..." she paused, trying to find the right words," you just gotta give it somemore time sweety. Time heals everything hunny I promise it will get better." She smiled down at me as she said this. I looked in her eyes and could tell she was every bit as sincere as she could ever be.

"I know but still...it just sucks Grace. It's been two years now and everyday is just as bad as that night..." The screams of my family filled my head once more as my thoughts drifted back to my dream. I could almost feel the pain between my legs as he took my virginity, hurting me more and more with every thrust.

I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts out of my head just as my eyes began to water. I sat up in my bed as someone announced that Grace was needed in room 213 over the mic. We looked at eachother once more before she said, "Its gonna be alright hunny, just take it one day at a time and things will get better. I promise." She was smiling her warm, comforting smile at me as she kissed my foehead and walked out of my bedroom door. I layed back on my bed, repeating her words in my head. Take it one day at a time Cara. Its going to be okay just one day at a time. I trusted Grace with my life and I knew she wouldn't lie to me no matter what.

I layed in my bed for a long time, thinking about Graces words. I may have heard them hundreds of times before, but this time seemed to be different. They didn't seem as just wordsspoken through the mouth of a ditzy, red-haired women, no:They were words that had truth and meaning behind them, and it took me two years to realize it. Everytime these words were mentioned to me, they always went in one ear and out the other, but this time they wereactually sinking in. It felt like ten tons of bricks had just beenlifted off my chest as I smiled up at the ceiling, finally understanding.

I don't know how long I layed their, just thinking about my life, my past, my present and what lay ahead of me. I was sucked out of my deep thoughts as I heard my stomach rumbling. I sat up, having to stay still for a second as I had gotten a dizzy spell, before walking out of my room and to the cafeteria. It was 4:47 pm and I hadn't eaten breakfast nor lunch. Time I guess flies when your sucked into your own world.

As I grabbed one of the the generic hospital lunches (fake grilled cheese and applesauce), I made my way to my usual table, notbothering tolook back at any of theperverted doctors that always made crude gestrures towards me. Everyday, the same doctors would always try and hit on me, or blow kisses at me, every once in a while pinching my ass. That part stopped when one doctor did that and I turned around and kicked him in the balls. I laughed as he fell to the ground, trying to fight back his tears. Ever since then none of them had touched me, but they still make their rude remarks and gestures whenever they see me.

I ate my lunch in silence, then retired quietly back to my room. In my room, there was a bed (with straps), a small desk, a bunch of stuffed animals, lost of posters and pictures covering the ugly lime green paint on the walls, anda medium-sized sit-in window made of wire plexiglass. How Grace was able to talk the upper-class hospital people in to transfering me to the room with the view I will never understand, but some how she did it! After only four months of being here and justing starting to become friends with Grace, she had managed to talk them in to moving me to the only room in Sector 7 with a sit-in window. It wasn't much, but I always loved siting in it whenever it stormed. The sound of the raindrops hitting the windows always gave me a little bit of comfort, a reminder of being back home.

Before the incident, it was family tradition that whenever it rained or stormed, we would sit on the back porch on the swing and watch the storms roll in. Over the spring and summer we would even go out and play in the rain as a family. Our dog Lakota would even join us. Just being able to hear the sound of the rain is enough to bring me comfort.

I walked over to the sit-in window, the sun dimly shinning through the darkening clouds outside. The wind was beginning to pick up, noting that a storm was coming in. Yay!

I curled up in the fetal position, laying my head against the cool window as I watched the clouds quicklyfade from light grey to a deep, blackish purple, the sun quickly being transformed into nothing more but a violet smear in the sky.

As the clouds continued to darking, I noticed a dark blotched standing on the ground below me. It almost looked to be in the shape of a person...But who would want to be outside when it looks and feels like a tornado is about to touch down and destroy everything? Well, besides me, of course. The large, human-shaped blob continued to stand there, as if looking up at me from the ground below for what seemed like hours. The skies continued to grow darker with every passing minute and the wind picked up to what sounded like almost a roar. As we continued to stare at eachother, I blinked my eyes a few times trying to get a clearer view. When I did this, I noticed that this person outside was a male wearing a black shirt and dark jeans. He looked to be in his early 20's and he had long, straight black hair that fell in front of his face with a thin but muscular looking dark colored body. He looked as if to be grinning. There was something off about his teeth...Almost as if two were longer than the rest. Almost as if they were....Fangs? No Cara there is no fucking way that thats him no fucking way so get it the fuck out of your head!

My heart began to pound harder in my chest as my breathing suddenly became difficult. I stared at the familiar form below me as he stared right back, his grin growing bigger as my eyes widdened in uncontrollable fear.

Just then, the man bent his knee's and jumped into the air. It woud have looked stupid if two solid black wings hadn't shot out from both his sides, lifting him straight up into the air. My gaze went hazzy as the man disappeared into the black clouds above. My head began to spin and the last thing I remember was a face in my window, a face of a handsome, dark skinned male with black catlike eyes and long straight black hair. He was smiling a devilish smile at me, revealing two sharp fangs protruding from his mouth. The area around him was blackas hiswings took up the rest of the window.My sight went black as I fell backwards out of the window, hitting my head on the concrete flooring, before passing out on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy guys sorry it took so long to write back I've been a bit busy lately with school and babysitting :( I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter plz plz plz write some comments and let me know what you guys think! I could use some constructive criticism! Thank you readers! I promise to post soon!