💭 | fifty four

Start from the beginning

They just kept on laughing and teasing each other when Jaemin stopped walking. His smile instantly disappeared as he got a view of what's in front of them.

Or should he say who's in front of them, standing beside the huge metal gate of their University, staring at no one but Jaemin while holding a bouquet of peach roses.

Yangyang noticed the sudden change on the older's expression so he followed where Jaemin is looking and saw Jeno standing a few steps away from them, probably waiting for Jaemin.

"Jaem--" Yangyang whispered but was cut off when the brunet grasped his shirt from behind.

Jeno slowly walked towards them and Yangyang swear he can feel how Jaemin stiffens with every step the raven is making.

"Jaem you two should talk--"

"Don't leave me here." Jaemin whispered back that made Yangyang gulp.

Jeno looked at Yangyang and flashed a small smile.

"You must be Yangyang." Jeno initiated.

"A-ahh... yes, and you must be Jeno, am I right?" Yangyang smiled back.

"Yes. I'm Jeno. Lee Jeno." Jeno offered him a handshake.

"It's nice to meet you Jeno." The younger accepted with a smile.

Soon, Jeno moved his gaze to the brunet after letting go of Yangyang's hand but Jaemin looked away from him.

"Hi Nana. It's been a while."

Jaemin hated how his body reacts just with Jeno simply saying his nickname. He felt like the whole zoo is running inside his stomach and chest while his bones are slowly melting like ice cubes under the hot sun.

How can he move on like this?

"W-what are you doing here?" Jaemin asked without looking at Jeno. His grip on Yangyang's shirt is getting tighter.

"Don't you want to see me?" Jeno kiddingly chuckled but soon cleared his throat when Jaemin didn't respond.

He felt like his heart dropped at the thought of his Nana getting mad at him.

"I.. I came here to talk to you... to apologize... and to get back what's really mine." Jeno said that made the brunet look at him in an instant, brows frowning in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Can you give us a moment?" Jeno asked then looked at Yangyang.

"Ohh... uhm... i'll just wait for you outside." Yangyang awkwardly smiled at Jeno and was about to head off but Jaemin didn't let him go.

"Whatever you're going to say, spill it now. Yangyang doesn't need to leave." Jaemin sternly said.

Jeno looked at Yangyang again before looking back at Jaemin with his jaws locking, his grip on the roses is slowly getting tighter.

"Jaem... it's just a matter between you and me. Yangyang doesn't have something to de--"

"Of course he has something to deal with it Jeno. He's my boyfriend." The brunet said that made Yangyang look at him with wide eyes while Jeno felt like his heart and hopes are slowly crashing.

"O-oh... right. I-I almost forgot." Jeno looked away but then looked at Jaemin again. "I-I just want to say sorry Jaemin. I want to say sorry for everything I've done, for everything I've said. I want to apologize for being an asshole... for being dumb... for being blind. I am sorry for realizing how much you really mean to me when it's already too late."