𝑂𝑛𝑒

a guy named carter 1.

Crystal woke up from her alarm of the annoying but yet calming "by the seaside" ringtone. She tapped her cracked iPhone 6s to make the alarm go away, but from her surprise. It wasn't a alarm, it was a call from Jules. She rubbed her eyes and yawned for a quick moment before answering.
"Sis! Wake your ass up!" Jules calmly said. Crystal was confused, it wasn't school time yet.
"What?.. why? It's not even time for school yet.." Crystal drifted of to another yawn.
"We were gonna go to the senior sunrise... remember? You said you'll will on senior bonfire night!" Jules whined. Crystal snapped and remembered what she meant, but she never thought she'll take it seriously. If Crystal betrayed Jules, she feared that her popularity can destroy Crystals reputation. So she had to go.
"Err, yeah. I remember. Sorry.. I just woken up."
"Yeah-Yeah it's ok! Just hurry up and get a cute outfit 'nd get out the door!" Jules seemed like she was already there and having fun. Crystal wasn't all about the life of a party like Jules were, Crystal actually wanted a good job. Unlike Jules, Crystal MADE her copy her homework because she was worried about her scholarship.
"Kay, okay! See you later." Crystal ended the call
Crystal groaned as she gotten up. The first place she went to was her bathroom in her vintage-looking room. Crystal loved oldies, so, she grew to decorate just like it. Hanging Polaroid pictures on clips, Beatles records, the smell- and everything vintage. Just the way she liked it.
Crystal looked upon herself in her pastel bathroom mirror. All she saw was a wreck. Messy bun, oversized shirt, and her eyes had dark circles from staying up from consecutive nights.
She grabbed her toothbrush but instantly started bawling and repeating "why aren't I cute? Why?"
She thought she was ignorant for already crying on the first day of school complaining about love already. But she never had love, she haven't had her first kiss or her virginity taken away.
She continued brushing her teeth as she tasted the salty tears entering her mouth.
After her bathroom breakdown, it was time for her to get dressed. She stepped out to the sun immediately kissing her face as her dad opened the curtains. "Morning sweetie pie." Father was a sweetheart, he cared for Crystal and talked about her feelings at the right time. He was the best dad imaginable.
"Morning pa." Crystal says after hugging her dad.
"Wow, my daughter has grown up so fast. Soon, you'll have kids too." Dad was always a caring person after his wife died in a automobile accident while coming home from work. He makes sure that Crystal still has the best time in her life without her mom.
Dad still had his hair frizzy, hairy legs, and had the appearances of Rob Lowe. But not too much like him.
"Ha! Thanks dad, wait- why are you up early too? You know I don't start school this early." Crystal cocked an eyebrow, she always see something questionable every time in a conversation getting the lies out of everyone like "I just got money!" And her response would be "But you haven't started work yet?" And something a smartass would say but she never intended to be that way. Her dad thought she could've been a lawyer.
"I heard you crying- yeah that reminds me why I'm here.. what's wrong boo, we're you crying?
"It was just.. a nervous breakdown y..you know about senior year since it's my last year!" Crystal stuttered, she lied. All she wanted was to be hot like her friend.
"Aw noo, you'll be okay sugar. This is gonna be the best year yet. Now I'll leave you alone so you can continue getting dressed. See you later and call me when you need a ride!" Dad left the room.
That's it? Crystal thought. He had gaven her stronger speeches than this. She forgotten about it and wanted her to have a good day with no distractions
Crystal entered her closet with all the modest- trendy clothes a teenage would wear. Mostly edgy though.
She always dreamed of having a cool closet like Hannah Montana's, but her dreams could never come true.
She picked out the mom jeans with a Queen shirt tucked in. She thought Roger Taylor was her personal favorite of all the Queen group.
Now it's time for hair. Hair wasn't much a problem and she let her hair down to her shoulders. Her hair was armpit length with blonde hair that resembled rope tassels. Of course she brushed her frizzy hair away. As she was about to head out, she looked in the mirror once again.
That statement came up again. "Why couldn't I be pretty?" Crystal mumbled, she soon shook her head. Before heading out Crystal told her father that she wanted to walk this time.
"Okay, Honey. Be safe, and have a great day at school!"
Crystal smiled and waved before she put her EarPods in her ears to listen to some regular pop mixed in with oldies music. Spotify was her go-to choice of music. She tried pandora but she was confused and deleted it out of frustration.
She saw her lock-screen, a picture of her and Jules.
She hoped there won't be any drama this year.

a guy named carter 1.