2

Jae's POV

Friday

I was sleeping so good until I heard some banging sounds on my door.

BANG BANG BANG

"JAE! AIN'T YO ASS SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK?" my mom yelled making me jump out of my bed.

"Wait... what time is it?" I asked while rubbing eyes.

"IT'S AFTER 10!"

"Oh shit." I said to myself.

I tried looking for my phone but I couldn't find it. I thought I put it on a charger last night but I was to tired to do that. I looked under my bed and it was right there. I tried turning it on but the dead battery symbol showed up. It's no point putting it on the charger now cause I'm late for work. I quickly put on my uniform, grabbed my keys, charger and my phone then rushed out of room to go downstairs. I went into the kitchen and walked into the pantry to grab a poptart. I rushed out of the house and got into my car. I plugged in my charger then plugged it in to my phone and quickly drove off.

When I arrived at work, I felt someone staring at me knowing that it was Ms. Davis bitch ass.

"Jaelyn! You're late!" she yelled out.

"Yeah, I know." I said while rolling my eyes.

"If you're this late again, you're fired!"

"Like I give a fuck." I said under my breath.

I walked away from her and saw Jeremiah but he wasn't looking happy as usual. I walked towards him and gave him a handshake.

"Aye man, you good?"

"Nah I'm tryna figure out when Megan is going to text or call me." He said while frowning.

Oh shit.

"She's probably busy. Remember she is a rapper and she's probably doing shows."
I said while patting his back.

"You're right." He looked down at his shoes.

"It's ok, she's gonna call you soon." I lied.

We both stopped talking and went back to work. I wanted to laugh so bad but I can't let him know that I'm laughing about him when Megan gave him the wrong number. I'm a bad best friend.
Later on, I'm thinking if I should go to the mall to get my mind off some things. Too much shit is going on right now.

~

5 hours later

I just got off work and I'm driving back home so I can change out of my uniform and head out to the mall.

I got home and went upstairs to my room. I put on a red sweatshirt with some red pants and some white Air Force 1s. I grabbed my wallet, phone and keys then went downstairs.

"Jae, where are you going?" My mom asked.

"To the mall."

"Can you please take your brother with you?"

"Why?" I asked getting upset.

"Because, me and your father are going on a date to the movies and your brother can't be home alone."