Chapter 1: Underdog

"The underdog Faded Devils (made up) yet again surprising the media and fans beating the Legal Meerkats (Also made up) in the semi-final of the ENT Basketball League (another made up)."

"111-97 win to the Faded Devils led by Jonas Lee (yet again made up) and Y/N L/N's efficiency, does the team finally living up to their name up against the Silent Asteroids lead by Gim Jung Heok (made up again) in the final?"

*picture of Jonas vs Jung Heok*

"Huh....." Yeji is biting her nails while reading the article about the basketball league final game tomorrow. "What you're doing unnie?" Yuna asks enthusiastically as she plops down the couch next to Yeji.

"Oh just reading about the ENT basketball news." Yeji answers. "Asteroids is up against the Devils who are apparently the last seed in the playoffs but somehow made it to the final."

"Oh the Devils?" Lia joins the conversation from behind. "Yeah, I watched them play before but they're just not that great. Lazy defense, no energy and always goofing around." Lia sits on the couch joining the two. "Especially the J/N (jersey number), he's the most playful out of all of them. Even though he's one of Devil's best players."

"And always take things for fun instead of being serious? That guy?" Yeji asks as Lia nods to answer her question.

Yeji looks back at her phone to see who is wearing number J/N. "Y/N L/N... Starting Small Forward for the Faded Devils... *A picture of you smiling on the court*" Yeji mumbles out the article while Yuna peeks on her phone beside her.

"I mean he does have a cute smile..." Yuna states as Yeji scrolls to another picture of you dribbling the ball with a plain expression and tone muscles showing off.

"And apparently hot too..." Yuna blurts out almost drooling as Yeji playfully pushes her face and laughs.

"Well this seems like a piece of cake championship for the Asteroids then." Yeji states as she sits forward of the couch to get a piece of snack on the living room table.

"Eh I'm not sure about that," Chaeryeong and Ryujin comes out from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn. "I mean they're the last seed and beat the first seed in the very first round."

"Well this is the final, their luck is going to run out." Ryujin states matter of factly. "Yeah, but still almost the entire Kpop community will be at the game. I mean it is the final after all."

"Do you think Jace oppa would come?" Yuna questions. "I mean it is summer after all, he could join us a little bit."

"Hmmm, I don't think so. He's pretty busy with advertising in America." Lia replies.

"Aww...."

"Anyway, let's watch some movies before bed time!" ITZY cheers dramatically as they scroll through the choices of movies.

Meanwhile on a airplane

I found my place

And it's me on top of the world
I am King Kong drop the gates
I hear the chariot coming today
I am King Kong
I'm King Kong
I'm King Kong
I'm King Kong

"I'm King Kong, beat my fucking chest. I don't feel the pressure, show the world the best." Y/N sings under his breath with headphones on as he leans on his left hand looking out the window of the plane.

"Hey Y/N!" Jonas puts his hand on Y/N's shoulder roughly startling him. "Hm?" He hums in response as he takes off his headphones to hang around his neck. "You excited for the final?"

Y/N chuckles at his question.

"Not really..."

"Why? Because almost the entire Kpop community would be there?" Jonas asks one of the possibilities.

"Yeah... I guess you could say that." Y/N drags the first word.

"Don't worry about them dude, just play like you always do."