15 HOUR ROAD TRIP

Start from the beginning

Once the boys and girls were done they met Bruce at the pick-up center who was surrounded. "Ladies! Ladies, can you please back up!" Dick tried but only made matters worse as people start shouting his name. Soon the clients came out and forced the fans to step away from the family. Bruce thanked them as they handed them their food and they quickly headed out of the restaurant. Cameras flashed and Dick, Jason, and Bruce grabbed a child or two and guarded their view. Dick unlocked the doors to the Jeep and everyone jumped in. Luckily Dick's window's were blackout tinted.

"We only wanted food.." Dick groaned and the rest of the family chuckled. Bruce passed out the food and everyone dug in. Dick started to drive once more and not long after they were back on the highway. "Dickiebird." Jason muffled through a full mouth and got a 'Hm?' in reply. "Can we jam out?" Dick nodded at the question and pulled up his playlist from his phone.

(Ok don't judge me)

Dick snickered and clicked onto "The Best of Both Worlds". "Bruce I found your song." The eldest turned the speakers up and heard the girls squeal in the back. Jason and Tim groaned but Damian didn't seem phased by the song. Bruce raised a brow but smiled as he saw Dick pat his hands against the steering wheel and the girls in the back singing.

After the joke, Dick turned on his Jam playlist and connected the phone to Bluetooth so the songs would play through the speakers of the car. "I Want It That Way" came on and surprisingly all of the boys in the car were singing. "You are MY fire. The one desireeeee. Believe when I say I want it that wayyy!"  Dancing and shaking around Bruce had to sometimes remind his son that he was indeed driving and needed to pay attention. "Staph freaking out." Dick complained and continued to play songs.

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
"Secrets"
"Apologize"
"Airplanes"
"Reflections"
"Hey, Soul Sister"
"Warriors"
"My Demons"
"Radioactive"
"On Top of the World"
"Fireflies"
"Riptides"
"Stay With Me"
"Party in the U.S.A"
"Payphone"
"Grenade"
"Alexander Hamilton"

Eventually, Dick ran out of either a voice or the energy to play anything else. He plugged in his Airpods and every now and then beat on the steering wheel as if it were a drum.

8 hours in

Dick needed caffeine, and a bathroom break, and gas, and his sanity back. All the other kids were asleep. Bruce had pulled his laptop out to write some last reports. "Hey, Siri?" The eldest grumbled getting the attention of his father. "Where's the nearest Starbucks and the nearest gas station?" Bruce chuckled and rubbed his sons back. "I can drive some if you want me too." He commented and Dick shrugged. "Once we hit 10 hours the wheels all yours." Now massaging the knots that had formed in Dick's back Bruce nodded. Dick set his phone up so he could see the GPS.

"Wakey wakey kiddies it's life regaining time for me and pee break and whatever else happens time for you!" Dick yelled and got 5 groans in return. Dick rolled his eyes and pulled into the Starbucks. Heads perked up instantly as eyes glazed over the coffee sign. "Ok, what does everyone want. I'm going through the drive-through this time so we don't get attacked. If you have to go to the bathroom throw on a hoodie and glasses." Dick exclaimed

Bruce: Grande Iced Coffee (Dick: lame)
Tim: Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte Iced
Jason: Grande Caramel Macchiato Iced
Damian: Double Chocolate-chip Frapichino, Cake pop
Steph: Grande Mango Dragonfruit refresher, Cake pop
Cass: Tall White Chocolate Mocha Iced, Chocolate Croissant
Dick: Venti Ice Almond Mocha Vanilla Latte (Jason: You're going to crash)...I got that

Dick dropped off his now hooded family and drove around to the Drive Threw. He ordered the drinks and snacks and then drove to the window to wait for then to be made. He put on his sunglasses as the window slid open. "Thanks." He said after he had paid and was handed the food. He drove back to the door. After about 5 minutes the car doors opened and everyone hopped in." Ok, Bruce can you pass stuff out while I go?" Dick asked his father who nodded.