Review #8: Liberation

As always bidiyakdamian I enjoy your poetry. You have a very bold and distinct voice in your poetry. Keep it that way because it is extremely inspiring. There are some suggestions in here. You don't have to follow them if you don't want to. Nobody is forcing you. I hope you enjoy!

(1) Freedom: Ah god I love blunt and raunchy poems. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that cussed in poetry haha. "My glittering jumpsuit" I love this!! Honestly this poem reminds me of the songs Daddy Lessons and Freedom by Beyoncé. Just the way you describe yourself with the glitz and glam and being a goddess reminds me exactly of Beyoncé. Beautiful poem and very nice imagery.

(2) Scars to Your Beautiful: All I have to say is wow. You describing the way you wipe his tears and sadness away is beautiful. Honest to god.

(3) The Dancer: Lithe is such a beautiful and perfect word to use in this context. Amazing imagery here. My favorite line is "her eyes move like a fluttering butterfly". Just a gorgeous piece really. You should be very proud of your vocabulary.

(4) Bidiya: "I've no time for hypocrites//or their sister, Gossip" great line man. Ahh I love the word digress!!! Anyway this poem was very bold and blunt. I loved the language that you used and the theme behind it was very intriguing.

(5) Machete: OH MY GOD!! THOSE FIRST TWO LINES!!! AND THE FOURTH STANZA IS AMAZING!!! JUST AMAZING!! I wish I thought this way in my last relationship because goddamn!!! I would've been such a happier girl haha. Again, extremely bold and blunt. I love how you degrade his worth to being "a pinch of rock salt." Just an amazing poem.

(6) Craving: The first two lines — I felt that. Wow this is a very relatable poem. You allowing yourself to bend in all different ways for your poetry is amazing. So many different dynamics that show a great personality of the writer that you are. Just keep showing those faces in all different ways and no one will get bored.

(7) Not the Girl For You: "I never gave you permission to use me as a carpet" I felt that. Again, lots of boldness and strength in this poem. I like this dynamic of your personality. It's very wonderful and refreshing to see besides the vulnerability and delicacy of wanting someone to love you so desperately. You just say "fuck it. Fuck him for treating me so poorly." Like you're not blind to the abusive behaviors. I really really liked this poem.

(8) April's Fools: Ok another very relatable poem. Again, you are looking back and this time you're showing the vulnerability that you had but now your putting on this armor made of steel instead of gold.

(9) Depression: I like how you put your own language into the poem (if it even is your language). It almost looks like you wanted to sound like Jesus in the Bible before he died on the cross. Very beautifully put together of a despair that you obviously have from time to time. When a poet can make their sadness beautiful, I think they are very talented.

(10) Yours Truly: So this sounds like you fell deep into love. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I feel as if you fell maybe too deep into love that it's almost painful. It was constructed in a vulgar but gorgeous manner. Almost as if you wanted someone to quite literally see you combusting into flames and your body turn into flying embers.

(11) Sweetheart, Do You?: Gahhhh this one was painful. You used words that created a heartbreaking tone. Words that cut deep honestly.

(12) Pain: Damn this one hit hard. I'm guessing the person was leaving you thinking that that would save you from your sadness or whatever other problems you had. I've had this happen to me and it sucks.

(13) Transgression: Ahhh a fellow selenophile :) Very good imagery so far. "The earth must love me as a daughter" ❤️ Again, wonderful vocabulary that you have. Keep it up!

(14) I Was Walking Alone...: Im left a little confused about this one, but I can also see the pain in the poem. I'd like you to explain the meaning behind this one if that's alright.

(15) 7000 Miles: This poem was very peculiar. You two danced your way across a 7000 mile stage. Interesting. It was very detailed in imagery and I loved it. You kept on mentioning dips and jumps and twirls and spins. This poem went all around with ballroom dances. I applaud the imagery. It was very good.

(16) Frozen In A Free Fall: This one is terribly sad and if this actually happened, I'm so very sorry. Breakups like that really really suck. You kept on mentioning December. Was it because there's a bunch of holidays within that month? What was the importance of December? You mentioned that you two were only seen left in photographs and I felt that. Very deep and seemingly personal poem.

(17) Purple Rain: Weird line here: "I wish you'd weren't dead." The last couple of lines got me. Again, is this personal to you? Because if it is, I'm sorry. Extremely sad lines written in beautiful ways. What is the symbolism of purple rain?

(18) She-Devil: "pariah parley" interesting. "The chick-en" LMFAO. I loved it. It was jealousy on fire. Very creative in the way you described her. I definitely did imagine her as a she-devil. I had to look on urban dictionary what a Brutus meant because in all honesty, I've never heard of it before. I mean I understood the baseline of it, but you are putting not only wonderful vocabulary in your poetry, but also modern vernacular. Which is always a great thing to do.

(19) Doppelgänger: Interesting poem. This one was complex so you're going to have to explain the meaning behind this one. The title just doesn't do it for me in poetry. But I liked the reference to your first poetry book. Many authors don't do that with their poetry.

(20) A Nosy Tirade: Ahhhh medical terminology. I love that you used rhinoplasty. Y'all should have an apostrophe between the y and a. "If I am ugly, then God is too." IM ROLLING. I loved the rhythm and rhyme I got from this poem. A very important message that you are pulling at. I haven't seen someone talk about this in such a humorous manner and I absolutely loved it. I applaud you!

(21) Nightingale: Ah very powerful. I love that you show the self-love that you have. Your name means strength? That's very unique. I like that you used a nightingale instead of a dove or any other bird of love. What does the nightingale mean to you?

(22) Lucifer: Contamined should be contaminated. The first two stanzas made me cringe. I've been through too much emotional abuse to look at you actually accepting that kind of behavior. Very detailed description of his scar, which is great because I could actually imagine it. I don't know. This whole entire poem made me cringe. But that's because you are talking about an abusive behavior which is supposed to make people cringe.

(23) Antonyms: Nepotism!!! I love that word!!! Sloth is another one of my favorites. After reading the last line, I understood why you titled it "Antonyms". I've noticed that you purposefully capitalize certain letters and I'd like to know your reasoning because that is very interesting. Either way, your vocabulary is stunning!

(24) Is It So Hard To Pick Up The Phone?: This was a very lonely poem and you can tell by the way you center the poem around yourself. You are singing alone. You are dancing alone. You are in the bathtub alone. Loving someone is hard especially when they don't care as much as you do. I feel as if you feel like you're almost a booty call and that's not okay.

(25) Liberation: Beautiful end to your poetry book. A very desperate tone is played out. I felt this in my own heart. I'm waiting for that one person that will love me the way that I love them. It's hard to wait for that. It's hard to go through so many people and feel ruined after every single person leaves. But I feel you. I really do.