day nine: fake dating

"mr. stark, i messed up." peter said sheepishly, entering the billionaire's lab.

"what did you do now, kid?" tony said, placing his tools down on the workbench and turning around to face peter.

"i, uh, might have said that i was dating spider-man, and now the internet might want pictures..." peter trailed off as he saw the look of exasperation on tony's face.

"god, kid. you're going to be the death of me. how did you manage that?"

"well, i tweeted about some stupid shit you did in the lab the other day, and i forgot that my account isn't private, and people started to question whether i was being truthful or not. anyways, a thread later, someone had gone through my twitter and instagram, and said that i had the same body shape as spider-man, and started to question me. i panicked a bit, and between us, ned and i managed to convince the internet that i was close to spider-man, and then someone said that it seemed as if spidey and i were dating, and i tried to pass it off, but then i sort of had to confirm it-"

"hold on a second, kid. breathe. so, you posted about the internship, people got interested, they thought you were spider-man, you said no, and then people started to speculate, causing the entire internet to think you're dating spider-man, who is, in fact, yourself. correct?"

"yes."

"god. okay, i have an idea-"

"that's a first."

"shut up." tony glared at his intern playfully. "anyways, i need to talk to pepper, and we'll get the pr side of this sorted out, and then we'll see what we can do. for now, i want you to tweet or make an instagram post or something, and ask for people to give you privacy. make some shit up about both you and spidey being minors, and it's illegal to harass you."

"that would be giving away information about my identity, though."

"you can't cause more of a mess than you already have."

"point taken. i'll make that post."

"see you later, kid."

"bye, mr. stark."

peter left the lab, running up to his room and immediately making the tweet.

~~~~~

best intern @p_parkour
okay, hi. so i said some things earlier today, and although they're true, i would appreciate if people didn't try and research into it. both spider-man and i are minors, and it's illegal to harass us (mr. stark's words). once miss. potts and mr. stark have sorted out this pr mess i've caused, i may be able to answer questions. as for now, we ask for you to respect our privacy. thank you! :)

the guy in the chair @ned_gitc
     so he didn't get mad?
     |
best intern @p_parkour
surprisingly, no
     |
the guy in the chair @ned_gitc
lucky

emjay @whatsuplosers
as i've said time and time again, you're an idiot, parker.
     |
best intern @p_parkour
wbk sis

tony stark stan @avengersmemes
y'all better respect them or you're gonna have tony stark on your ass
     |
best intern @p_parkour
they should be more scared of miss. potts
     |
tony stark stan @avengersmemes
okay, true

~~~~~

"okay, kid," tony started, during dinner. "surprisingly, pepper has said my idea will work."