2- The Quidditch World Cup

Start from the beginning

"Can you believe it Roo?! Ireland won! I mean did you see the way Krum and him went at it? For a good while I truly thought we had him, but Krum got the snitch and we still won!"

Roger wouldn't shut up about the match and Rooney just smiled and listened to him carry on.
Rooney didn't understand quidditch all too well but she was just happy to be here.

"There you two are, I've been looking everywhere for you, I thought I'd have to report two missing children to the authorities."

"Chester!" Rooney cried and ran at him to give him a big bear hug. "I thought you weren't coming!" She exclaimed.

"You never told me you'd be here Ches, why didn't you say anything?" Asked Roger, visibly frustrated at not knowing.
"It was a last minute decision, thought it'd be fun to surprise you two. Why? Am I ruining your quality time together?" Chester said with a grin on his face.

"Oh shut up man" Roger said.

"Now come on, mum and dad have dinner ready."

Chester, Roger and Rooney all marched back to the Davies tent, where they were to sleep for the rest of the night. Rogers' mum and dad, Gretchen and Elias, were already sitting down in the kitchen with dinner prepared for everyone.

"Hello children!" shouted Elias, "glad to see you've found those two Chester."

"They were up to no good as usual father" Chester smirked.

Roger slapped Chester across the arm and Rooney just laughed at their banter.

Rooney sat next to their mother Gretchen, and everyone began to tuck in. The boys were discussing the game and were once again, becoming quite animated in re-describing the nights events.

Rooney just sat back quietly and ate her dinner with a smile on her face enjoying every minute of it. She absolutely adored the Davies family, and in this particular moment, she was feeling extra sentimental considering the recent tragic event in her life.

The Davies took her in without hesitation, and she couldn't be more grateful towards them. They were her family. Roger and Chester were the brothers she never had, Elias the father she never got to know, and Gretchen has always been like a second mother to her.

Sitting here in the tent watching them laugh and chatting about quidditch just made Rooney smile, how is it that someone like her could simultaneously be so lucky and unlucky at the same time?

After they finished their meal, Rooney, Roger, and Chester all went into their portion of the tent for the night to get ready for bed. Each had their own bed, but they were all sharing the same room, and it felt like they were children again.

After each had brushed their teeth and gotten into their night clothes, Roger slipped into Rooney's bed just as she was getting comfortable, leaving her to sigh heavily, yet was unable to hide her amused smirk.

"Seriously Rog? I can't have one moment of peace?"

"Absolutely not" Roger said, smirking all the while.

Roger begun to pull out some candies out of his pocket that he must have gotten without her knowing.

"Now where did you get those?" Roo asked.