A Late Night Visitor

November 25, 1992

Dear Diary,

The homecoming dance is 2 weeks away but, Mrs. Cooper was eager to find me the perfect dress. We spent the whole day shopping for dresses at some of the most expensive stores in town. Mrs. Cooper has envisioned the perfect dress for me: a light pink lace dress that fit hugged me in all the right places and poofed out just below my waist. Somehow, we have found a dress very similar to the one she envisioned. The dress wasn't something I would normally go for. If it was my choice, I would wear fishnet stockings with a black dress that pushed my boobs up to my neck and tight enough where it would be hard for me to breathe but, I couldn't dress like that anymore. I was scared to wear anything fitting anymore in case I started to show and I didn't need people to start asking questions. I miss dressing in my Southside attire but, it's nice to have a brand new wardrobe with clothes I never thought I could afford. My mother wasn't thrilled with my new wardrobe and how much time I was spending with Northsiders so she kicked me out. I had no choice but to take up Mr. & Mrs. Cooper's offer and move in with them. They didn't allow Hal and I sleeping in the same room and frankly, I didn't want to sleep with him either. They set up a room for me down the hallway from them. My room was probably half the size of the trailer at Sunnyside. I had a corner room with a bed way too big just for myself, a large closest to fit my new wardrobe, my own bathroom and a desk that sat just below one of the large windows. Mr. Cooper said I was able to paint and decorate the room however I pleased but, the plain light grey walls did just fine for me.

Just as I was wrapping up my diary entry, I heard pebbles hitting my window. I took a glance at the clock and it read 1:38 am - who could be trying to get my attention this late at night? I peeled back the white curtains and my eyes widened - it was FP. My heart stopped. Why was he here? How did he know I was here?

I opened the window and whispered as loud as possible "What the hell are you doing here Jones?!"

"Just wanted to pay you a visit," he replied.

"This late at night?! How did you even know I was here?"

"I saw Mrs. Fancy Pants Cooper pick you up from the trailer park."

"So that means you had to follow me here? You haven't spoken to me in a month so why do you have to see me right at this moment?"

"I have been scared to talk to you since you decided to go all Northside, and since no one has talked to each other since the Featherhead incident. You know Al, I am surprised you've kept up this Northside act for this long."

"It is not an act FP, this is my life now."

You could tell his heart sunk a little and so did mine. Did he want me to come back to the serpents? Did he have the same feelings as me as I did for him?

"Well Al," he said, " I won't bother you anymore tonight. See you at school on Monday." He turned around and started walking away.

As he started to walk away it crossed my mind that might be the only chance I have to tell him about the baby.

"Jonesy wait!" I blurted out.

He stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. The look he gave me turned me into silly putty. This wasn't the right time to tell him so I just said "Goodnight."

He gave me a smirk and walked away. I watched him until he disappeared in the light fog that filled the streets.

Geez, will I ever be able to tell him this secret?