Kiara whistled and stood up, getting the attention on her as she walked up to the front— her's was the last quiz that needed to be grabbed. "Listen, you're both pretty. Now shut it you two. As entertaining as it would be, I don't want another fight in this class after the first day." She said with annoyance. "Some of us want to learn instead of listening to you two bicker."

"What the hell do you know?" Bon snapped as Kiara walked between them and grabbed her quiz from Yukio.

"Apparently more than you." Kiara said, lifting up her test to show that she had gotten a 99. She looked at the two, tilting her head and narrowing her eyes. "Now, unless you want this to get ugly, you two will have to settle this later."

With that, the bell rang and everyone hurried out of the classroom, partly because they were hungry and ready for lunch, but also because they wanted to get as far away from the three as they could before anything happened. Though one student, the hooded boy who always sat in the back of the room hesitated at the door, his shaded eyes staring straight at Kiara before he stepped out of the room.

Kiara walked back to her desk to grab her stuff, stopping when someone grabbed her collar. She looked behind her to see Bon glaring at her.

"Don't think that you can scare me that easily. The only thing I hate more than a slacker is a smart-ass."

"So you hate yourself then?" Kiara said, pulling her collar out of his grip. "Look, I could care less about what you think of me, Mr. Mohawk, I'm here to become an exorcist and accomplish the goal I've had since I was a little girl. Now, if you'll excuse me I'll see you in Practical Training after lunch."

***

Lunch ended quickly and Practical Training started. Apparently they were going to be running a course followed by Leapers, which were pretty much just giant demon frogs. Izumo and Sheimi had just gone and now everyone was watching Rin and Bon go, though their exercise seemed more like a race.

"Gentlemen! This is not a race, understood!" The teacher, Mr. Tsubaki shouted from his platform in the middle of the room. "The goal of this exercise is to get you used to how the demon moves, anticipate the Leaper's reaction!"

Of course, the two didn't listen and kept running as if it were a race. Kiara had to admit that she was impressed by the two boy's speed, mainly Rin's though. It was practically inhuman. Though Kiara wasn't the only one impressed by his speed.

"Holy crap! Bon's the fastest person I know and that kid's keeping pace like a champ!" Shima exclaimed.

Kiara just continued to watch him. Ever since the first day when they locked eyes, she knew there was something about Rin that just wasn't... human. But she felt that he wasn't just any ol' half demon either. She couldn't place her finger on it, but something about him just seemed off. She watched as the two slowed to a stop as their training was over. They had started to fight on the course and were now scuffling on the ground. They were lucky Mr. Tsubaki pulled the reaper back or else they would of been goners.

Once the boys were pulled apart by Konekomaru, Shima, and Mr. Tsubaki, Bon was pulled to the side and Rin joined the rest of the students.

"The only reason we're here is because of his ambition." Shima stated, looking over at Bon.

"Big ambition?" Rin asked.

"The thing is, Bon wants to be an exorcist because he says he wasn't to defeat Satan." Shima continued, laughing at Rin's visible shock. "Yeah, it's kinda funny, isn't it?"

"What's so funny about it?" Rin asked, getting defensive for seemingly no reason at all.

"It isn't funny." Konekomaru piped up, "The whole thing about Bon and why he's so intense is that he wants to restore his temple. It's all but ruined after the Blue Night."