Chapter II- Close Call

A/N: Edited

     Inside the cavern, there seemed to be a civilian, but they were sleeping. And they seemed to be a very dull pink color. (y/n) had never seen anyone with a shade like that. Let alone anyone pink. (y/n) looked back at Tess and Terris. They were both equally confused. Terris was even cowering behind Tess a bit. (y/n) exhaled a bit through their nose and walked up to the figure. "Hello?" (y/n's) echoed throughout the cavern. Droplets of water dropped off the stalactites. No response. "Ah!" Teriss's yell interrupted (y/n). (y/n) turned around to see a pocket-sized third of the tree of life. They raised an eyebrow, but let it slip as soon as they saw Terris cowering behind Tess. The triangle flew up and over the heads of the two shapes. The triangle let out soft light, making it easier to identify the features of the figure.

(y/n) didn't have time to examine them enough though because as soon as the triangle got within 2 feet of the figure, they lurched forward, jamming the triangle inside their forehead. (y/n) stared in disgust as bright pink blood oozed from the wound. They were about to run over and help when all of a sudden, the dull pink went bright, their face was replaced with a circle, and the form went crashing down into the floor of the cavern, and out came something. (y/n) didn't see their face though, as they were already out the door with Terris and Tess in close pursuit. Unfortunately, so was the creature that had been released. The trio crashed through the caverns with the monster destroying everything that came between the three. "Quickly! Follow me!" Tess's voice barely reached (y/n's) ears as the sound of falling rubble took up most of the sounds reaching their ears. The three made it out of the cave, this time, Tess was in front. He took a hard right, then a left, but before they could go any further, the monster crashed in their area.

They crossed a bridge onto one of the many islands in paradise. But that was not a good idea. There were no other bridges around and this island was a particularly dinky one. It wasn't long before the creature crashed down onto their little island and made a move for them. Terris mustered up all the courage within themselves and grabbed both Tess and (y/n) by the hands and jumped into the water. Tess screeched as they had little swimming experience. They could keep themselves afloat, but that was it. Terris has to hold them to keep them from making themself drown, thus leaving (y/n) to themselves.

The ruckus that the creature was causing made huge waves form. Each of the three shapes were picked off one by one. First Terris was swept away but kept afloat on a tree. Then Tess washed up on another island. And finally, (y/n) was carried all the way back to the center of paradise.

(y/n) sat up and coughed out what felt like a quart of water. Their throat burned, they were wet and cold, had lost the other two, and out in the open where that monster could easily get them. They stood up and toppled around a bit before realizing they had no idea where they were. They didn't see the rejuvenating light of the Treeangle anymore, and it shone everywhere you went. The only answer to that problem was that the monster had destroyed it. That thought formed rocks in (y/n's) stomach. They wobbled over to a clearing and sat down, knees held tight to their chest. They wouldn't admit it, but they were scared.

After searching around for a while, (y/n) somehow made it back to the center of paradise. A part of them wished they hadn't though. (y/n's) fears were proven true as they saw no sign of the once warm and welcoming light the tree emitted. Now there was just an empty spot in the area the monument used to be. Chunks and splinters of the abnormal turquoise trunk were strewn all over the center. (y/n) wanted to cry and run away from the terrible scene in front of them, but instead, their legs propelled themselves into the area. Their nerves and subconscious both telling them to help as many people as possible. They ran around frantically, saving people from fallen rubble, and whatever that pink substance was. They then brought all the civilians over to a safer area. (y/n) caught a glimpse of a triangle shifting through. "KATERINE!" They shouted. "KATERINE IS THAT YOU!?" They called out. When they thought they found their friend, they were instantly greeted with flashbacks to their dream. Full pink body, black holes for eyes, ooze dripping out occasionally. (y/n) brought their hands up to their face. But while they were staring in shock, they left a perfect opportunity for the civilians they saved to be attacked. They heard screams behind them. They swished around to see the group staggering towards them, all pink, soulless eyes. They had been corrupted.