Until We Meet Again

Hi, I'm Amerie Hanes but every one calls me A.M. I'm 23 years-old, I'm 5'4 with caramel colored skin and long black hair. I live in the "A Town" (Atlanta). To add to that I have a clothing store called Secrets. That's a lil about me you will learn more enjoy the story.

A.M's P.O.V

I woke up to the sun peeking through the curtains. I looked over at the clock that sat on my night stand indicating that it was 8:02 a.m. I was gonna be late opening the store today. In one swift move I was out of my bed heading to the bathroom thats attached to my master bedroom. I quickly got in the shower and lathered my body in my favorite body wash "evenly goddess". Ten minutes later I was out of the shower applying lotion to my skin. I ran into my walk-in closet grabbing a pair of highwaisted acid wash jeans, a white long sleeve shirt, a black leather jacket, and black ugg boots to match. After fully getting dressed I topped off my outfit with a gold jewelry and applied some eyeliner and mascara to my eyes and a little lipgloss to my lips and I was out the door.

I got into my 2013 BMW truck and sped off to Secrets. When I pulled up I saw that my employees had already set up shop. I let a little sigh escape my lips as I remembered I gave my best friend Ali'ah a key just in case I was late she could open for me. I walked to the smell of incense burning and clothes neatly stocked and folded on shelves." Good Morning A.M. We have everything stocked and ready to sell" Jassy said (one of my employees) "Good Morning and Thank You, where is Ali'ah ?" I replied while grabbing a few papers from behind the counter up front.

"She is in your office counting the shipment that came in this morning".

I left the front and headed to my office. I walked in to Ali'ah going over the papers that came with the shipment.

"Hey girl" I said causing her to look up.

"Hey when did you get here?"

"About 10 minutes ago, I over slept and I'm glad I gave you that key"

"Well right now I'm going over this shipment that just came in, I'll have the girls start putting them on the shelves"

"Ok well I'll be counting the money for the cash registers".

I opened the safe and took out $300 and proceeded to the front of the store to fill both registers and get the girls started on today's agenda. I filled one register then went to the other one on the other side of the store and filled that one.

"Ok Jassy and Alexis, Ali'ah needs you both in the back" I said as I approached them. They nodded in unison walked away. I went to the register and rung out a few people. I looked up to see the girls return with boxes and began stocking. Ali'ah appeared next to me.

"So you still haven't figured out what you wanted to do for your birthday?" She asked as I rung the last customer out.

"I don't know Li'ah I haven't really put much thought into it"

"Your birthday is in less than 2 weeks and you still haven't thought of anything?"

"I don't really wanna do anything, I'll probably sit at home and watch movies all night while eating popcorn and drinking some soda"

Her facial expression after I said that had me cracking up.

"Girl you can not be serious ! But it's ok I got something for you".

I heard the bell ring indicating that someone had just came in. I looked over to the 2 customers their was a man and a woman, they didn't really look like a couple and shared similar features face wise. Ali'ah went over to them and greeted them she hugged them both and helped the girl around the store. I looked back over at the man and boy was he fine ! He had to be at least in his late 20's he stood about 6'0 tall with smooth chocolate skin, a goatee and a fade to match, and LORD those muscle. He had on a plain white tee, dark blue jeans and all with Giuseppe's. I didn't realize I was staring so hard until he smiled at me. I blushed and looked away pretending to look over papers that have already been checked. I smelled this masculine cologne and it made me melt. I then felt a presence in front of me. I looked up and to my surprise he stood there looking at me with this huge kool-aid smile.

"I couldn't help but notice that you were staring at me, you know it's not nice to stare" he said, his voice sounding deep and seductive. I couldn't stop blushing.

"My apologies I was admiring your shoes" I lied trying to play it cool.

"Well right now I'm admiring your beauty" he replied licking his chocolate lips.

"Umm.. Thank you" I blushed once more.

"By the way I'm Travis, an you are?" He asked reaching for my hand to shake.

"I'm Amerie" I replied letting him take my hand, instead of a handshake he lifted my hand to his mouth and kissed it sending chills all over my body. In reaction I snatched my hand away remembering that he came with someone.

"Did I do something wrong" he asked looking confused.

"I thought you came with someone" I said looking at the girl who was still with Ali'ah.

He chuckled at my statement making me a little confused.

"I apologize if I caused any confusion but that's my little sister, I brought her here to pick out a few things" he replied still smiling.

"That's very nice of you"

"So if you don't mind me asking, can I take you out to dinner tomorrow night?" He asked while looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Umm.. I don't know if that's a good idea-" before I was finished replying he cut me off.

"Here is my card just in case you change your mind" I took the card and on cue Ali'ah and his sister approached the counter. I left the counter while Ali'ah rung them out. As I was walking a felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned around to see him staring at me with lust in his eyes. I knew right then that this was a new beginning.