When she was done with her mini-rant, she was even more flushed and panting.

"Wow, she's got it bad," Hazel said.

"Mhmm," Amber murmured her agreement. Amber looked a lot like her daughter with their gorgeous red hair and completely covered in freckles. Their eyes were a warm brown, but where Amber was short and curvy, Jenny was tall and willowy. Hazel herself was definitely leaning towards the short and curvy side. She was only 5'4, and she had boobs. Whenever she ate a lot, which was often, she liked food, it always went straight to her ass. She did, however, have a flat stomach which she decorated with any number of belly rings. She had about forty different ones. It was a borderline obsession. Today she was wearing one with the superman logo on it.

Hazel and Amber continued teasing and pestering Jenny about her 'boyfriend' enjoying watching her face turn various shades of red and purple depending on the comment. Baby Jason sat in his high chair, watching everything with a big goofy smile on his face.

"Hey, when are they going to get here, anyway? I want to get a shower in before anyone sees me. I feel all ick."

Amber checked the wall clock.

"You should have time. They won't be getting here for another hour."

Hazel grabbed her suitcase from the hallway and brought it into her room, telling herself that she would unpack later, then she jumped into the shower, washed, shaved, lathered, rinsed, dried off, moisturized and went into her room. She decided on wearing a white crop top with jeans, it was summer, anyway. She toweled her hair then left it wet, knowing it would dry wavy, and went into the living room, not expecting the guest to be already there, sitting in her living room, wearing that gorgeous damn shit-eating grin.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hawkins took a quick shower and changed into a white tee and jeans when his parents told him they would be having dinner with Drew's new friend. He walked into the living room and was greeted by two overly bright smiles and one amused one. He sat down next to Drew and mussed up his hair.

"So, what's up with this girl, huh? You like her?" he asked, tossing my feet up on his lap. He pushed them off with an eye roll and a faint flush creeped up his neck.

"Yeah, I like her, so don't embarrass me."

"Drew, be nice to your brother," Diana was quick to admonish, sending Hawkins a grin like he should be incredibly thankful.

Drew and Hawkins shared a look. While Drew was joking, using a phrase that was fairly common, their mother would have been serious.

"Mom, Hawkins knows I'm not being serious. God, you guys need to loosen up a little. He's not going to go into some rage and kill us all," Drew said with a roll of his eyes.

Hawkins tipped his head back and laughed, but his parents both gasped.

"Drew!" Diana said.

"Mom, seriously, I'm good. I'm bipolar, not psychopathic," Hawkins said.

"Isn't bipolar a psychopathic disease?" Drew asked, his eyebrows crinkling together.

"Nah, kid, you're thinking psychological," Hawkins corrected.

"It's time to go," Diana practically shouted.

"Jenny isn't expecting us until-"

"It never hurts to be early," she said ushering everyone out the door.