Fragile Alliances- Chapter Three

well, I just had a mini-heart attck when I saw this was number 720 on the paranormal what's hot list. My reaction was a little like this: "Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Cleo can verify that, I sent her a text that basically said that. So, in honor of making it on for the first time in like a year, here's a new chapter.

Chapter Three

“Many people have heard tales of bloodthirsty Vampyres, who killed mercilessly. They also hear stories about beautiful Faeries who kidnap children and leave their own in the place of the mortal child. But those stories are often wrong.

Fae and Vampyre are opposing creatures, Earth and Fire. The myths of how they were created have been lost to time, but stories remain that tell of horrible wars between the two. Fae heal and protect, while Vampyres kill and destroy.

Mortals, also, have a bad history with the two. It is said that Man was created by all the animals. Each creature gave something, Raven gave Wisdom, Fox gave Cleverness, Snake gave Cunning, Leopard gave Speed, and so on.

They put all the gifts into a rock shaped like a person,but it wasn't complete. The thing could speak, and think, but it wasn't truly alive. So all the animals gathered up wind from the four corners of the world and convinced brave, old Lion to scare the wind into the stone.

As payment, Lion said the creature would be known as Human, which meant 'One With Many Gifts' in Lionspeak. And, to this day, the animals call us this, honoring Lion.

And, because it was the wind that made the man truly alive, Mortals are known as Air Creatures. They can exist with Fire, because Air makes the fire burn brighter. They can exist with Earth, because it is air that blows the seeds. But when all three meet, Air must choose sides, and decide if they want to create or destroy.

So, while the Fae and the Vampyres are on the brink of war, they go to the Oracle and ask for a prophecy to help them. At the time, the king's daughter was there, and she heard the Oracle's words. The words have been lost to Time, but we know it was about three from different worlds that would change things.

After the prophecy was made, a group of people left their races and banded together the destroy the fragile peace. They called themselves the Shadows, and did their best to cause trouble. After a few years they disappeared, and haven't been heard of until about a month ago.

Officials in the Fae, Vampyre, and Mortal world started dying in strange circumstances. Sometimes it looked like suicide, or an accident. Natural causes was a lot more common.” Father explains.

“That's how Grandmama and Grandpapa died!” Evee gasped in understanding. A wave of shock passes over me, because it's true.

“You're right. I think the Shadows have a spy that's your age, who killed Greta. A student wouldn't be a suspect.” Father nods/

“So, what does the title Fae include? Is it just Faeries?” Kieran asked. He seemed fairly calm considering.

“Fae includes faeries, also knows as Dryads, Sylphs, or Wood Sprites, an animal-person hybrid, usually a bird, that looks like a person but had distinct animal features, Elves, the Seelie and Unseelie courts, and water creatures such as Mermaids and Selkies. Mermaids are more commonly called Naiads or Water Sprites. “ Mother explains carefully.

“What's a Selkie? And what are the Seelie and Unseelie courts?” I ask. Its a strange story, but part of me knows its the truth.

“Selkies are seal-women. They take their seal skin off and turn into women, and if you find the skin she's trapped as a human until she dies. The Seelie and Unseelie are like two sides of a coin, total opposites. The Seelie court is fairly shallow, but they protect beauty, love, and watch over mortals. The Unseelie Court is malicious and violent. Without one another, things become unbalanced. But the Unseelie don't help the Shadows, because they're selfish.” Mother explains.