Part 2

I opened the door and immediately headed straight to my room, i could feel my cheeks burning. i laid on my bed and put a pillow over my face. My sister came in my room and immediately made me jump. "mom and dad want to talk to us." she closed the door and then peeked back in "are you blushing?" i shook my head and told her to close the door. Our parents are very loving but we never really have family talks unless it's important and i hate being negative but this sent my heart racing. I left my room and headed to the kitchen where they were all sitting around the table. i felt anxious and sat down with my shoulders tensed. My mom smiled "Ruby calm down, nothings wrong you can relax" i loved that about her, she knew me so well even though it was kind of obvious that i was scared shitless. i loosened up a little and waited for someone to speak again. My mom sighed "As you girls know it's been hard to find a job lately and roles are barely paying here in Virginia." My moms an actress, she has the looks and the talent for it. she's always got medium paying jobs to help us but lately finding roles for her have been hard and she hates borrowing money from anyone. "I recently saw this one role in california for this big movie and they want me audition. so for these next two weeks me and your father will be in cali and you girls will stay with your grandparents for a while" she explained. i didn't know how i felt, but i was happy for her, i guess. "hold on, so if you get the role we have to move to cali?" my sister blurted out. My dad and mom looked at eachother. "well yeah, look baby we don't know yet maybe i don't get the role who knows" my mom responded. she clapped her hands "but this isn't a sad thing, it's a happy thing! come on now, ruby come help me make dinner" i stood up and started helping. Dad sat on the couch and started watching tv. My sister stood up and went to her room. This felt normal but i knew it wasn't. us moving?
We finished the food and i picked out some clothes to change into. I entered the shower and looked at my body. I was changing and suddenly i felt aroused? i shook my head and entered the shower and started thinking about the whole us moving situation. i'd lose alex, danny and my high school "reputation." i felt myself tearing up, id really lose people i loved. i sobbed for a little longer then wiped my tears and put on my sweatpants and shirt. i stepped out and started browsing instagram. i set my
phone down and started looking at the ceiling as soon as i closed my eyes my phone started ringing, it was alex. i picked up "what" she paused and said "so we're just not gonna talk about the fact that you got your first real boyfriend" i sighed "alex i gotta tell you something" i heard the rustling of her sitting up on her bed "what's up?" i started tearing up. i didn't know why, it wasn't even for sure that my mom would get her role. And so i explained to her the whole situation. My mom and her career and where we would be staying, she was quiet throughout the whole thing but she seemed to still understand well enough. "can i come over ruby?" i smiled, "yeah." see my parents loved alexandra. She always knew how to act around them and well she was a friendly person so i knew i didn't even have to ask, on top of that i was feeling down so if anything this was a good excuse for her to come over.
i love when alex comes over, how she knocks. everything about her has always been unique. every thing she does it's not like anybody else. i opened the door and she chuckled as danny waved next to her as well. how thoughtful. i called to my parents and told them we were going to be in my room. They wouldn't mind, they were too busy packing. This was like a dream come true for them. Even though i hate to think about it, i know why they love going out together. They're still young, my mom had me at 16 so she was literally my age and since she was so young she had to drop everything. My grandparents were supportive but her sister ignored her forever. I've never met her and don't really want to. My moms kind hearted and if her own sister betrayed her, i wouldn't want to face her. However since my mom is barely even close to old, her and dad go out a lot. I sometimes laugh that my parents have more action than my whole school. Almost everyone's a virgin, even me. Alex was one of the first people to lose her virginity in Oakton (that's our school). Her popularity went up so fast. When she told me i actually can't remember how i reacted but i knew i wasn't jealous. My mom had always told me to not get pregnant. Though she loves her life she regrets having us so early.
We sat on my bed and apparently alex had explained everything to danny on their way over here. We didn't talk much, we just hugged for a good 3 minutes. That was enough said and the thought of not having them again killed me. It was already 10 they should be home. Alex said she was kind of having troubles at home and asked if she could stay and i agreed, our clothes fit us equally were both kind of the same size. Danny said his parents said they wanted him back by 11 so we talked for a while and laughed. I walked with danny out the door and to his car before finally kissing him goodbye. Man was i gonna miss him. I walked back in and explained to mom about alex staying and she had those "poor soul" eyes. The thing is, alex's parents are alcoholics and ever since my mom found out she felt horrible. Alex and everyone else in her family was fine but sometimes her dad drank too much of sometimes they both drank too much and would get into huge arguments. They rarely realize alex leaves the house cause usually they just black out. I used to cry at nights because i was scared something would happen to alex but she would always insist she knew she was fine and it's true, she's been wonderful but i still always worry, she is my bestfriend after all. I put my phone to charge and laid on my side. "you're sleeping this early?" alex argued. "yeah, all throughout math class i was tired as hell"
"okay first of all that class is boring as shit and two how were you tired you went to sleep even earlier last night"
"the only reason you find it boring is because you understand the class and exactly so i need to rest last day of school is on the porch bitch"
alex groaned and put her phone down. she laid on the opposite side and fell asleep. i couldn't sleep. i kept checking my phone to see what time it was, 3 in the morning. My god. i felt my phone buzz, it was danny.
Danny: you awake?
Ruby: yeah what's up
d: i don't know i just can't believe you might actually leave
r: ah don't worry we still have all of summer and they won't find a house or apartment that fast. They haven't even left
d: right, so when are they leaving?
r: next week maybe? first week of summer
d: so you have the house to yourself?!
r: i think we're gonna stay at our grandparents but i really hope not
d: lmao why not
r: i love my grandparents but god they kind of are boring, i just never say anything
d: ah that's nothing, my grandma loves making me knit
r: you're lying
d: Pff lmao no she loves it, but it makes her happy so to please her ofc i do it
r: what a sweet baby
d: be quiet 😤 and speaking of baby, can i call you that?
r: of course ☺️
d: well in that case, go to sleep baby it's late! i don't want you to feel tired in the morning ❤️ goodnight n sweet dreams
r: aw goodnight luv ❤️❤️
i looked at that text a little longer and held my phone close to my chest. i don't know how long i stayed like that but at some point i closed my eyes and fell asleep.