She was fuming as I turned back around and opened the fridge, grabbing some eggs and whatever veggies I could find.

She was closer when I turned back around and made my way to the stove.

I glanced at her, "you had breakfast?"

"Its 11am." She growled.

"So yes?"

"Pack rules dictate members to be active by 9am."

I choked on my coffee, holding up my finger at her, "what?"

"Are you new? Oh my god did he fuck a new girl?!"

I scowled at her, "don't you have to work or some shit?"

"You have to go back to the compound."

I rolled my eyes, "okaaay, where is that? I will after I eat."

She scowled some more but rattled off directions I had no intention of listening to and swiftly left, stating she would be back to make sure I was gone.

I whipped up a swift omelette and took it upstairs with me, eating as I got dresses.

~~

I looked around at the vast area as I walked the path from Asmos' house.

So so many buff men training in the fields.

I strolled up to a large area, surrounded by a fence where some particularly fit men were sparring, and sat on top of the top wood slate.

One of the wolves quickly noticed me, eyes scanned over my bare legs, my very tiny shorts, exposed stomach and abundance of cleavage.

He and his sparring partner stopped, "you know the rules miss, you are not permitted near the fields during training."

What a dumb rule, "really?"

"Unfortunately." He flashed me a grin.

I laughed a bit, catching the attention of a few more pairs.

It wasn't long before I was talking to a large group, asking them all sorts of ridiculous questions they thought I should know the answer to.

One of them finally asked, "are you new here sweetheart?"

"The names Evie. And yeah actually. I just got in last night."

This caused a few frowns, the same man asking, "and how did you get out of the compound?"

I frowned a bit, what the hell is this compound everyone keeps rattling on about? "Uhm-"

"EVANGELINE!" A rough voice snarled, causing everyone in my little audience to still and straighten.

I peered a bit over they heads to see Asmos storming up to us.

They all made quick work of getting the fuck out of his way. "What?" He growled, "the fuck are you doing here?"

"Observing." I replied dryly, "seeing as I woke up alone with not even a note telling me I couldn't I thought to explore my new home. Hey whats the compound everyone thinks I need to be at?"

"What are you wearing?" Was his only response.

"Clothes. I always dress like this. You know that."

"Well stop."

"No."

The tension that shot through the surrounding soldiers was immediate.

Worry crossed more than a few faces

"Evie."

"Asmos."

"You-"

"Am trying to learn about my new pack and the best way to do that was to get information and the best source of information in a pack that prides itself on warriors, is the warriors themselves. After this I am moving on. Im supposed to look around and learn right?"

He growled at me.

"Really? Growling? I love when you growl Asmos but I'm trying to be serious. I can't go back to my pack so I want to try and see if I could even be the alpha female you want."

He paused at this. Most of the men around us seemed vastly confused.

Finally, Asmos gestured to me, "fine. Come little one."

I hopped off the fence, following him, "you know... I expected a much more pleasurable morning than what I got."

"You were asleep, all pack members are supposed to begin duties by 9am."

"Maybe if you woke me up that still would have happened. What about on days off?"

"I don't have those."

"But I love morning sex."

"Evie. Are you here to learn or complain?"

"Both."

Asmos scowled But continued leading me through the field.