¶Chapter 1¶

Your POV
It was just another day in the coffee shop. I was scrolling through my laptop while doing some small paperwork on my latest rescue. Why was there so much paperwork? God... I deeply sighed to myself; a sigh of relief as I clicked the send button to the UA Highschool. Graduate next week, actually.

I went to take another sip from my coffee, only for the damn thing to be empty. I scoffed and stood up, walking over to the trashcan. A wave of exhaustion suddenly hit me as I tossed the empty cup into the trash bin. I'd yawn and walk over to the counter, ordering about coffee, this time with an extra shot of espresso. The cashier for give a kind smile with following nod, acknowledging that she got down the order. "That'll beeee... $15.45!" I'd pull out my wallet and open it. My eyes would widen at the sight of only a damn quarter in it.

"The shit? What the hell happened to all my money!?! Damn it... Must've spent it all on those last three coffees... Fuck!"

A twenty dollar bill was then slapped down onto the counter, causing me to slightly jolt and look up at the hand on top of the twenty dollar bill. The hand... It was patch with a purple texture? My eyes slowly looked along up their arm and eventually arriving up to their face-- or his face. Black, spiky hair, purple patching along his jawline and under his eyes, along with bright blue irises. "U-Uhm.."

"Keep the change.." the patched male glanced at the cashier lady. She took the money and rung it up on the cash register.

I continued to look at the male, not even realizing that I was staring. I blinked and slightly rose a finger, about to say something but couldn't. The black haired stranger looked at me and arched a brow with a grin. I awkwardly put my wallet away and adjusted my f/c glasses.

The lady came back a few moments with the coffee, handing it to me. I gently take it and give a nod of appreciation for the female. I'd glance at the stranger next to me and back up a bit, then turning around and walking back to my seat.

I'd sigh, sitting down and look at my laptop, glancing at my laptop to see if it was done sending yet. Of course, the slow ass thing wasn't done. It was still at 48%. A groan would leave my throat. I set the cup of coffee down onto the table and suddenly felt the table shake a bit from out of the blue. Instinctly, I look up to see the Black haired male in front of me, sitting down in the seat in front of him.

I'd arch a brow at him and narrow them almost instantly, looking back down at my laptop and pretend to be typing. The patched stranger stared at me. The feeling of his eyes burning into me forced me to glance back at him. Quickly, I looked back down at my screen and sunk a bit in my seat, a small bead of sweat dripping down my cheek.

Of course, me looking up at him gave him the opening of speaking. "So.. no 'thank you'?" He'd ask. I'd sigh and slowly look back up at him, "Thank you...?"

"That's better..." He'd grin. I'd clear my throat and go back to 'typing.' He'd just.. stay there. Is he ever going to go away!? What does this creep want?? I'd close the laptop and put it in its bag, chugging the coffee and tossing it into the bin from where I was, surprisingly making it in. I'd quickly stand and walk out of the café, exiting the building and begin walking along side the sidewalk. I left that man back at the café but... I got this strange feeling...
"Am I.."

I'd glance over my shoulder,
"Being followed?"