Chapter One: Finding Neverland

As I floated along gently in my little raft, I sat cross legged and drew another line across the pieces of driftwood I used to make said raft. My name is Talia Grace Jones and 12 years ago, I was sent away when my father's ship was invaded by God knows who. I was just a baby and my father probably didn't want me hurt or something worse. I grew up on this little raft and camped out on any deserted island I found. Then, I saw it. It was a beautiful little island with sparkling waters surrounding it. I laid down onto my stomach and began to paddle towards it. As I washed upon the sandy terrain, time felt like it stopped. I saw a faded wooden sign, covered in splinters saying "NEVERLAND." The black paint had faded a lot so it looked almost a light gray colour. It was extremely hard to read due to the lousy paint. The name of this island sounded fairly familiar, but I couldn't figure out why. I had never been here before so why was it like I had been? I forgot about that and leaned my raft against a tree. I started to walk into the jungle of this island. It seemed as if it was all jungle. The farther I wandered, the less I could see of the little beach I first arrived on. Whilst walking among this jungle, I realized I was walking away from my past, leaving all the pain, suffering, misery behind.

It was getting dark and my legs were getting tired so I chose a tree and climbed it. I sat in a slightly bent branch so that it would be comfortable. I leaned the back of my head against the rough, scratchy bark of the tree trunk, staring at the bright, full moon. I closed my eyes and drifted off, when I heard them. Pan pipes. I jerked my head up and opened my eyes. I was still and quiet. They were faint and distant, but loud enough to hear. I smelt and saw smoke, indicating fire. I wasn't on this 'deserted' island alone. Just then, I could hear boys laughing an drums pounding. A boy howled loudly, followed by several loud, screeching howls as a response. I hopped down from my tree and started to walk in the direction of the music. As I approached a bush, I saw a light. Not a bright light, but like a big candle like light. Probably the fire. A bush blocked my view of the scene. Just as I was about to move the bush out of my way, something flew in front of me. It was a silhouette of a person, floating in my way of the bush. It seemed as if this thing didn't want me to see what was there. It had glowing blue eyes and just screamed "evil." It almost seemed like a shadow. After a minute or two of staring down this creature, it flew away, behind the bush. I spread the bush apart and saw boys dancing around a fire, while others played instruments like drums. One boy would howl, and then the rest would howl in response. One thing that caught my attention was a boy about 14-16 sitting right next to the fire, playing Pan Pipes. I just stood there, frozen and staring as these boys celebrated like there was no tomorrow. Right above the boys was the creature, the shadow.

I ducked behind the bush for protection in case these boys weren't as friendly as the looked. Even though I was close to them, the pan pipes still weren't as loud as the should have been. My knees sunk into the dirt as I knelt in that spot. I looked across from my bush and almost revealed myself. There were about for or six other people staring at me. They got up and crept around the bush towards me. Just as they were about to tell me something, Pan Pipes (his new nickname) got up from a little tree stump he sat on. "OK Lost Boys, I think it's time I head out. To find some stuff. Stay. Here." That was my que. I shot up and started running, with those five other people following me. I got back to my tree and started to climb it. I sat in that same bended branch and introduced myself to the others. "Hi. I'm Talia Grace Jones and I'm twelve." One of the men wearing all black attire and a hook for a hand almost fell out of the tree. He looked at me and smiled "Talia." He whispered. "Yea?" I said, with a confused look. "M-My name is Killian. Killian Jones aka Captain Hook as you can probably tell." He held up a shiny silver hook to me. My eyes grew wide and I almost fell off. Was this the man who attacked my fathers ship? or was this man my father? was he a friend of my father? could he be my uncle? All these question floated around in my head. he looked at me and smiled "I'm your father Talia" I really did fall off this time. I was so mad yet at the same time, sad an happy. Everyone hopped down and checked to see if I was alright.I nodded an stood up. I walked over to Killian ad looked at him. We did look alike. I hugged his waist and tears started to flow. He hugged back, but very hesitantly. I looked up and smiled. I didn't know how to feel. Then, I heard slow applause. I looked back and saw Pan Pipe Boy leaning against a tree. Killian aka Captain Hook squeezed me a little tighter "Pan. What do YOU want?" My dad sounded like he resented Pan. "One Captain Hook, it's PETER Pan. And two, I want that." Peter Pan pointed to me. I reaches into my back pocket and pulled out a dagger I made using a sharpened stone and a stick. "Oh. The butterfly has teeth." I shook a little bit. God I wanted to punch him. Just then, a force ripped me from my dad. I looked back and it was the shadow. Peter appeared behind me, holding his little knife to my throat. I thought he was going to kill me. "LET HER GO!!!!!!!" Hook yelled at Peter. "That's not going to help Dearie." A voice with a heavy accent said. A man stepped from the forest. Seeing him sent shivers down my spine. Peter stumbled a bit. "Rumplestiltskin." Peter said. I almost fainted when I heard that name. My legs felt like Jello and my heart felt like it was going to implode it was pounding so hard, but i got it together. Peter chuckled in my ear "Ready to go darling?" I scoffed. "Why would I go anywhere with you?" Just then, Captain Hook cane diving towards peter. Peter held a rag to my mouth and then, we vanished away, leaving everyone behind.