•1•

《an hour before the incident》

Kaitlyn couldn't reach her sister, so she decided to call the only person she knew that might know where her sister was. Although, Azumi wasn't the only person she was looking for, she thought it may be a good start...

ring ring ring

"Hello?"
"Hey, Taeyong? It's Kaitlyn"
"Oh! Hey Kaitlyn. What's up?"
"Have you seen or spoken to Azumi recently? I can't seem to reach her"
"Uh, no actually I haven't. She came by earlier, but that was a couple hours ago"
"To your house?"
"No, the hospital"
"Why are you at the hospital?? Are you hurt somewhere?!" Kaitlyn panicked
"Well, I was. But I'm recovering now. So it's okay. Don't worry!"
"Are you sure?.. You know what, I'm gonna come by. What are you hungry for?"
"You really don't have t-"
"I insist. Do you want tteokbokki? I know it's your favorite!"
"Extra sauce would be amazing! Thanks Kaitlyn. I'm in room 127"
"Okay, see you soon!"

call ended

After her short phone call with Taeyong, Kaitlyn headed to the nearest tteokbokki stand to the hospital so it would be nice and hot still. After arriving to Taeyong's hospital room, the two sat and caught up for a while, before Kaitlyn turned serious and asked for the whereabouts of the second person she was searching for: Nakamoto Yuta. Though Taeyong wasn't certain where he was, he gave Kaitlyn his phone number so she would be able to try and find him. After they finished eating, Kaitlyn said her goodbyes and upon leaving the hospital, she dug her phone out of her purse, and dialed the number Taeyong had given her...

ring ring ring

"Go for Yuta"
"Uhm, strange way to answer the phone.. but, hi.. this is, uh, Kaitlyn. Azumi's sister"
"Oh my god.. Kaitlyn?? Is it really you???"
"Yes it's me. I'm guessing you know everything, based on your response, huh.." Kaitlyn chuckled slightly
"Wait, you know too??? How? When?"
"I found out about 3 hours ago, and I've been looking for Azumi and you so we could talk but I can't reach her. Have you seen her?"
"Uh, yeah.. about that. Well, she also found out.. the same time I did.. from my da- well, our dad.. and, you see, Azumi suffers from severe anxiety, and she hadn't taken her pill yet, so she fainted when the news was shared"
"Oh my God! Is she okay!?!?!"
"Yes she's fine. She's back at our dorm resting"
"Okay good. It's safe at your dorm right? No one knows about it, right?"
"No one, meaning?"
"Nevermind. I'll explain when I see you. Can we meet right now?"
"Yes of course! Please! Where?"
"Somewhere safe. There's a quiet café called Sweet Pea, it's a coffee & tea shop, do you know where it is?"
"Yes I do. I'll meet you there!"
"Alright, see you soon"

call ended

Before heading to the café, Yuta quickly made a second phone call to his father, explaining who he had just talked to and that he was going to meet his long lost sister. Mr. Nakamoto was thrilled, and instructed his son to bring Kaitlyn to his office after they had coffee and talked, and Yuta agreed. The happy boy reached the café and stood out front, waiting for his sister to arrive so he could walk her inside. Moments later, Kaitlyn arrived across the quiet street from the café, and once she saw Yuta, she waved happily at him, and he did the same as he smiled from ear to ear. Kaitlyn looked both ways before crossing the street on the cross walk, and began making her way to the café front where her brother eagerly stood waiting for her, as there were no cars in sight. Suddenly, screeching tires sounded loudly on the empty street causing Kaitlyn and Yuta to whip their heads in the direction of the noise. A car. A car moving at the speed of light came rushing towards Kaitlyn, with no sign of stopping or hesitating. Kaitlyn glanced at Yuta, as everything seemed to happen in slow motion, yet so fast, and in seconds, the car slammed into the helpless girl causing her to fly over the entirety of the vehicle and hit the ground hard. The car sped off, into the night, never to be seen again. Yuta let out a scream, and ran to his sister's side, and once he reached her, he held her and yelled for help repeatedly. The café owner had witnessed what happened, and quickly dialed 119, telling them of what happened and begged for someone to get there as fast as possible. Yuta held his sister in his arms and continued to scream for help, until it finally arrived 5 minutes later...

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

《present time》

"Miss Azumi.. I'm so sorry.. we did all that we could do.." was all I heard. The doctor continued to explain what happened, but everything was muffled. Sound faded from from the world around me and my body went numb.
"You're lying" I accused, anger now rested on my face as I stared the doctor down
"I'm sorry Miss.. but it's not a li-"
"YOU'RE LYING!!! GIVE ME MY SISTER BACK!!!! GIVE HER BACK NOW!!!" I screamed at the helpless doctor who only came to deliver the news. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me, pulling me away from the doctor
"Azumi, stop! Stop!!" the person holding me yelled, and though I resisted hard, and continued screaming, my body eventually gave out and went limp, my screams turning into inaudible sentences. I crumbled in the person's arms and began sobbing, to the point that I couldn't breathe. I hit the man holding me on his chest, not strongly enough to cause any damage, but enough to release the anger I was feeling
"Azumi.. I'm so so sorry.. you can hit me as much as you'd like, but can you sit for me? I'll get you some water and you can take your medicine if you haven't taken it yet" the person said, with a soothing voice, and I knew it was Lucas. I nodded, and allowed myself to sit down as he went to get water for me. I wondered for a moment when he had arrived, but the wonder went away as quickly as it came, and my mind went blank again.

"Azu.. I'm so sorry.. I'm here, okay? I'm always here for you" Taeyong said, tears falling from his eyes as he took my hand gently in his, while I stared blankly at the floor, attempting to calm my emotions. In seconds, Lucas returned with water and I took it along with my medicine.
"Yuta.."
"Yes.. I'm here noona.. what is it?" he said, kneeling in front of me and grabbing my hands
"What happened.." I asked, peering up at him through dampened lashes, and he proceeded to explain the situation. I sat quietly, taking in everything he said
"Where is your dad" was my first question after the explanation
"Our dad.. and I don't know. Probably on his way here"
"Our dad.. sorry.. You told him?"
"Yes. On the way here in the ambulance"
"Okay.. and the man.. the man in the car, you said you've seen him.. where?"
"I think I saw him once before. Working with my dad many years ago.."
"That could only mean one thing..." I narrowed my eyes, rage filling my every core
"What??"
"It was him... the man who claimed to be my father.. he killed my mother, and now he's killed my sister..."
"You really think it was Mr. Choi?" Lucas questioned
"Yes.. and now he must die"

(A/n: hey bubbles!!! Welcome to part two! Don't be too mad at me♡♡♡♡ vote & comment!!!)