Chapter 3

~Capri

        I have a small problem that will not be easy to fix. I am almost certain Dyson and Jo like each other more than friends, only I don't think they realize it yet. Yet being the key word in that sentence. I have nothing wrong with Jo, nor Dyson, the only problem is that I do not like them together, as a couple. See the reason why isn't easy to say, so I'm dragging this on and stalling but it's time to stop and confess the truth. I have the biggest crush on Dyson, have for a few months now.

        Dyson is really hard not to like, he's cute, sweet, funny, and easy to talk to. What more could a girl want right? Jo is exactly the same, so they are pretty perfect for each other. Only I have not been planning the perfect confession for months just to have Jo be there with all her beauty and happiness take it away with little to no effort.

        It finally dawned on me that Dyson likes Jo when we were at the Tim Hortons and he freaked over Greyson's stupid comment. When we split up I find myself heading back to the park we were just at. I am so focused on my phone that I don't realize I'm following Dyson. It may sound creepy but I think it's destiny. He's so cute and seems to be in such deep thought I decide to silently follow and stay out of the way. When we get to the park he sits on the swings, I must say I'm surprised he hasn't caught me yet. There is a play structure with a big red slider right next to the swings so I crouch down behind that and listen in on him as he pulls out his phone.

        After about ten minutes a guy from our school I recognize as Kyle, the school's very own con-master and professional blackmailer. My legs have been hurting for a while and I switch positions so I can hear without being distracted by my own discomfort. By the end of the conversation I'm gaping, he's trying to keep Greyson away from Jo. It's my only way to keep her distracted from her feelings for Dyson and now stupid Kyle is taking that away.

        "Hey, give your friend Capri my number,"I hear Kyle say and I do a double take. My jaw drops to the ground when I realize he's looking at me as he says it, he knew I was here the whole time. I get to my feet quietly, quickly and run, leaving my beloved Iced Capp back at the park. I don't even care, I run a few blocks until I'm completely out of sight before walking the rest of the way home.

        As soon as I close the door behind me, I whip out my phone, a devious plan ravelling together in my head. "Dyson, we have to talk as soon as possible. It's really important. It's about Jo and Greyson, he's planning something." He says he's on his way and I dial another number.

        "Hey Talia? Think you can do me a favour?" Talia is the girl version of Kyle, they have a huge feud going on and as soon as I described the situation and Kyle's part in it she was jumping for joy. Any way of showing her enemy up is a golden opportunity and she was ecstatic. I still owe her though, it'll be hard to re-blackmail Kyle's already blackmailed students. The only person who can show him up is her and my trust in her is strong.

        "So what exactly do you want me to do?" Talia's voice is slightly raspy due to a sore throat she seems to be having.

        "Okay, so Kyle is keeping Greyson and Jo apart, so you must force them together, undo everything he does." I say good bye as I hear a knock on the door and welcome Dyson in. After getting each of us a glass of Iced Tea we sit at the dining room table and I set my master plan to work.

        "So listen, I have this weird vibe from Greyson, he's dangerous. We need to keep him away from Jo, for her own safety," I keep my voice soft and calm. Adding a hint of worry to it so I can sell this crazy plan completely. Dyson agrees wholeheartedly and I feel more than a little hurt, but I push it away as he continues to tell me his whole plan with Kyle, then gives me the con-master's phone number. "Okay great, so I'll help do whatever I can to keep those two away, we can't have Greyson hurting our best friend."

        Dyson gets a text from his Mom who wants him home so we say a quick goodbye and I do something I haven't even thought possible, I hugged him before he left. It wasn't a long hug but he seem genuinely surprised. As soon as the door closed behind him I went to my room and thought over the plan. I told Dyson I'd help keep Greyson away so that he doesn't suspect me of hiring Talia, whom we both know doesn't do this kind of stuff without being asked. I am so evil.

        Sometimes I scare myself.