♛ .𝟏𝟑. ♛

[Roger's P

[Roger's P.O.V]

Apparently, today's the day that Brian is supposed to be picking me up and taking me- somewhere.

To me, I'm not ready—at all—to spend time alone with someone that I lik-, hang out with at school.

My eyes ran back and forth between the paper, which is the number Brian gave me, and the red telephone in front of me. My fingers trembled, slowly reaching for the dial.

I soon yanked my hand back. Shaking my head, I told myself:

It's too early.

I glanced at the ticking clock above me:

2:17pm.

No one would want to go out that early. I mean, there's too much sun. Well, technically not too much, London doesn't get that hot.

I slammed the paper down beside the phone and paced around the house.

I cant do this. Jesus, why do I have to call him? Oh-, never mind. He doesn't even have my number.

I stopped in my tracks and gripped my hair, ❝why does calling someone has to be so hard?!❞ I groaned, and decided to sit on the couch.

❝Roger Meddows?❞ My mother called out. ❝yes?❞ I replied. ❝who are you talking to?❞

❝mysel- no one!❞

Then I realised that waiting wasn't going to be a difference. Either way, I was still going to have to call Brian and tell him my house number.

Popping back up, I went to the telephone, once again, and looked at the number. I sighed, and dialled in Brian's number.

Lifting the phone to my ear, it rang. I anxiously waited for Brian to answer the phone.

❝hello?❞ A soft, soothing voice answered.

❝is this Brian?❞ I asked, holding my breath for some reason.

❝yes. May I ask who is this?❞

❝It-It's me Roger.❞ I stuttered. ❝oh Roger, hey.❞ He smiled on the other side of the phone.

❝I didn't know when to call you, but-...❞ I chewed on my bottom lip. ❝you chose the right time to call me actually.❞ Brian huffed out a small chuckle.

❝I'm just asking but...what time- are you coming?❞ I repositioned the phone, trying to replicate my mother, by putting it between my shoulder and my ear.

❝what about 4? Is that a good time?❞ Brian suggested. ❝y-yeah. That's a good time.❞ I bobbed my head. ❝alright. Oh! Before I forget can you tell me your house number?❞