No Means No Chapter 14

ابدأ من البداية

We go in the opposite direction to Sam's office and she indicates the room next to mine.   I turn the handle and push open the door the hinges creek I feel along the wall and turn on the light. 

The room is full of broken furniture and lamps old bed frames.  "Let's call for a skip and we can just dump everything that should have been dumped" I say

Orion looks at me and then Julie "what's a skip?" he asks Julie giggles 

"You call them bin's, the big metal bins that you throw the bigger things into" I explain.  

He nods and then kisses my cheek, I'll be in the kitchen with Julie, I'm starved" he says taking her hand and following her to the kitchen.  

I look up at the ceiling and see if the wall separating our offices is a low bearing one.  I smile and go back to my office.

"Just have to order a skip Val" I tell her 

"Why do you need to skip?" she asks I chuckle 

"No, you call them bins, we call them skips. Orion's office is full of broken stuff so, we need to have it taken away" I explain.  

She nods and then turns back to cleaning we haven't even got one full book case done yet.  We stop for lunch and I take some blank paper and a pencil with me. 

"I think we can knock your office and mine into one.  We could then have" I draw the idea that has been taking shape in my head. 

"That way we can have the dark blue files cabinets that deal with the pack and the green files that deal with ReThink with the red cabinets dealing with the security business. I hope that it will grow so we can build or rent a suitable building in town for the security side and then appoint a manager."

I look up from my drawing to find I have a few people watching and listening. 

"Do you think you can help organise all offices and supply rooms as well as the dry store garage?" Sam asks 

"Let me sort ours out and then I will work my way through everything" I promise.  

Ri gives me a smile that melts me heart. I take his hand and squeeze it.

Orion and I have been working full days some times just getting a couple of hours sleep before getting up and carrying on.  We've been here nearly two months now and for most of it we have enjoyed getting to know the pack and organising, with some building changes too.  

We have also started building two more homes in the little road that mine and Ri's Mum live.  For the pack members good at training that would like to start work in the security side of things. 

Dom has bought a couple of nice town cars and advertises car and driver hire.  The one thing that isn't going so well is having the old alpha move out and join another pack.  He seems to think that as my eyes are the same as his dead mates that I could take him in.  

Ri has been really sweet about it but I just want him gone.  He has no family here and in truth the pack is angry at him for refusing his mate, then falling apart when his mate died and his total disinterest in the pack since. 

 I'm meeting with him as a last ditch a tempt to have him move on.  I'm meeting him at a little café, just outside of town. I walk in and he is already there so, I sit down on the other side of the table. 

"Hello Samuel" he gives me a half smile 

"Hey" the waitress comes and I just order a soda. 

"Samuel have you looked at any of the pack details I gave you?" I ask 

"Yeah some" he shifts in his seat.  

"Did you talk to Orion?" he asks 

"Samuel, Orion is my true mate.  I don't want a third person in our relationship and neither does he.  Have you thought about why my eyes look like the mates you refused?" I ask he shakes his head.

"I'm his cousin, the cousin of the man you refused without thought and dismissed.  It was only when you felt the mate connection break and disappear did you think about him.  It's time for you to move on now Samuel" I state. 

He looks into my eyes and I see his fill with tears. 

"Is there no chance" I cut him off with a shake of my head. 

"Samuel, no really does mean no, so move on" I tell him.  

His eyes widen, then the tears fall and he nods his head.   

"I'll bring the paper work to move packs later. I'm sorry I let the pack down and your cousin most of all.  I let him down dismissing him without a second thought. I'm most sorry for that" he apologises.  

I pat his hand and stand up "thank you Samuel, you never know the goddess might give you a second chance."

And with those parting words.  I feel the last bit of weight that was holding me down fall away. 

Ri and I want to make the pack strong, we love them all and are still getting to know them.  We will do anything to protect our extended family.   I pull into the garage and Ri is there waiting for me.  I pull him in and hold him.

"I'm glad it went well.   Now come and look at the mess the dry storage is in" he groans, I laugh and take his hand as he leads me to our next task.

Please leave your comments and don't forget to vote, thank you.
😊