Chapter 2: The Stranger

Beginne am Anfang

"Now, now, brother, don't be getting all cheeky now!" Lucifer teased, wagging a finger at his brother.

"Who is this, brother?" Amenadiel asked as he sat down with them.

"Greyson, why don't you explain yourself?" Lucifer said dismissively. The demon shrugged. "I'm from The Lilim," he told Amenadiel.

The angel didn't react, he just nodded.

"Wait, seriously? Is no one going to try to kill me today?" Greyson asked, mostly to himself.

"Just explain yourself," Lucifer advised. Amenadiel crossed his arms and nodded again, but said nothing.

"Well, I'm one of the runts, in the litter." Greyson said, fidgeting a bit. "I came to Earth with Dromos, but I decided I wasn't going to help them, and used my own body instead of just renting a host,"

Greyson paused, expecting at least one of the brothers to say something, but they didn't, so he continued, except he kept his head down.

"I went to New York for a while, before um, Remiel, came. She brought me back down to Hell for a while, but I didn't have it in me to torture anyone anymore. I few hundred years later, for us," he added as Amenadiel opened his mouth. "I, uh, I took a page out of your book," he gestured to The Devil. "I made a deal, negotiated myself back to Earth. A few years ago,"

"What was the deal?" Lucifer asked. Greyson raised his gaze from his knees to Lucifers face. "Well, I-"

But just then, the elevator doors opened to reveal Maze. She didn't waste any time. She flew at Greyson, pinning him up against the wall, one of her knives at his throat.

"Mazikeen!" Lucifer yelled, standing up. "Maze!" Amenadiel shouted at the same time. She turned her head and blew some hair out of her mouth. "What the hell is he doing here?" She growled. Without waiting for a response, she continued. "He is one of the most manipulative demons I know! What are you doing here, Algruthus, threatening our lives!"

"Mazikeen," Greyson said gently. "I'm not here to hurt you,"

"You're never here to hurt me," Maze hissed, but she released him and walked a few steps back. "I don't believe you," she added, sticking her chin up. Lucifer exchanged looks with his brother- there was a lot of history here. "I'm going downstairs," she threw at Lucifer before getting in the elevator. "Keep him contained!" she added right before the doors closed.

"Right, Amenadiel, you tie him up, I'm going after her," Lucifer said with a quick look at Greyson.

"Sure," Amenadiel shrugged and sat down. Lucifer rolled his eyes.

"Alright, brother," she muttered as he entered the elevator.

The party was cut short when a scream erupted from the middle of the large room. Lucifer pushed past his guests to see a girl, writhing on the ground, her eyes rolling back into her skull. "Call 911!" he shouted at no one in particular. Someone must have, because the police were there not 5 minutes later. But it was too late. The girl was dead. Lucifer sighed and laid his jacket over the girl's face, before walking over to a friend of his.

"Miss Lopez," He said to Ella Lopez. "Shouldn't you be on leave?" he gestured to her swollen belly.

"Oh, it's fine, Luce," she said brightly, before wrapping him in her signature hug. Lucifer patted her on the back awkwardly. "Oh, and also, dude, you gotta start calling me Mrs Espinoza!" she protested while wiggling her wedding ring.

"Still never going to see what you see in him," Lucifer said with a playful roll of his eyes.

"Yeah, and how am I friends with the Devil, again?" Ella punched him in the arm. "Oh, stop," Lucifer chuckled. "You're flattering me,"

Ella rolled her eyes and waddled off to examine the body, leaving Lucifer with his thoughts. Wren..

Lucifer sighed. He had to show her. He couldn't keep this part of her from her for much longer. He knew she was developing some sort of 'mojo' of her own. It didn't work on her brother or her mother, but when Linda had gone quiet and blank for almost 20 minutes, Lucifer knew this was getting out of hand.

It was.

Hey, Theo here. I thought I would add a little note at the end here to explain that in my head Ella has always been sicnificantly younger than her friends, and thats why Chloe has a 16 year old daughter and Ella is expecting. Also, the whole deal with Chloe's age is that I really didn't want to write her as being 50. In my mind, I'm never doing that, so even if its a little wonky, its my book, so i'm gonna make Chloe in her late forties, okay?! Another thing is that Charlie aged. In my head Charlie would age because he's half human, and I really hope he ages in the actual show. Idk, baby Charlie forever is just meh for me. And of course there's Lucifer. In my story he traded only his immortality to be back with Chloe because I still wanted him to have his wings and his desire schtick. It'll come in handy later.

Anyways thats all for now, enjoy the book!