"Well, it's definitely not broken. You don't need a doctor."

"Thank Merlin," I breathed. I hated hospitals and examinations. They always made you take your clothes off, wear those gowns that exposed your butt, and then asked you embarrassing questions like "how long has it been since you've last engaged in sexual intercourse?" or "have you pooped yet today?". Frankly, I was not in the mood today.

"We'll just keep an eye on it and maybe get some ice at breakfast before we leave."

I looked up at her eagerly. "We're leaving soon?"

If she noticed the enthusiasm that our bonding would be over soon, she didn't let on. "Yes, we're going to spend a few hours at the mall first before we head home. Petunia has a party to go to with Vernon that she needs a new dress for."

The mall? Hell, I'd rather go to the hospital. I'd take butt-revealing gowns any day over Petunia's fashion choices. At least, then I would know that only my butt was being revealed. Damn my hand for not being broken!

"Mum, Tuney takes forever to pick out clothes! Can't you just drop me off at home?"

My mum ruffled my hair. "Then, I'd have to endure the torture alone. If I'm going down, Lily, I'm bringing you with me. Besides, the sooner you get ready, the sooner we can get this all over with." She smiled at me to try to make it seem enjoyable, but I knew better than to accept the bait. Unfortunately, I had made a promise to myself not to upset my mum.

I sighed dramatically and then threw my legs over the side of the bed before heaving myself upwards. I stumbled towards the bathroom.

"Lily?" Mum called.

I halted by the door and turned around. "Yeah, Mum?"

"Were you wearing that shirt last night?" she asked me with suspicious eyes.

My face immediately blushed, and I begged every higher power that I could think of that she would not read too much into this. "Umm, no. I got hot last night and found it at the very bottom of my suitcase. I must have missed it before," I babbled quickly.

She nodded, but the skepticism still lined her face. She opened her mouth to say something else, but I quickly averted any more questioning by yanking the bathroom door open and launching myself inside. "Gotta pee, Mum!"

With my back against the door, I took a brief moment to regain my wits. Running my fingers through my hair, I moved over to the sink and splashed some water on my face. Looking at my red cheeks, I took a deep breath. Today was day five, and I was fairly certain that I was already having a mental breakdown.

I mean, last night! I had let him get too close. I needed to stop letting him affect me so much physically. I couldn't believe that his body could make mine act so primitively, instinctually. He just had to get within a few centimeters of me, and my entire body succumbed to the estrogen flooding through my veins. Thankfully, however, my brain was in better shape. I knew he was still the same James Potter. That, at least, would never change.

I carefully took James's shirt off and sniffed it one last time before guiltily folding it and putting it where it wouldn't get ruined. Then, I stepped into the shower. Time to get ready for the mall. Happy, happy, bloody, joy, joy!

I ate breakfast without really tasting anything. I doubted I missed out on anything too spectacular. Complimentary breakfasts always meant the same thing: bland cinnamon rolls, fatty bacon, and orange juice with too much pulp in it. My mum tried to engage me into a conversation about her plans for her students next year, but I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts and drowsiness to reply with anything very meaningful. Eventually, she gave up on trying to capture my attention with her coloring ideas and short story read-a-thons and talked to Petunia, instead.