Try Hard

"Are you insane like me ?"

__________

She tapped her pencil against the desk anxiously as she looked out the window . Just five more minutes , she thought as she then started to bounce her leg up and down. "Hey earth to Liz are you even listening to me ?" Came a voice from her side startling her as she dropped the pencil, watching as it rolled under another kids chair. Turning she saw her friend Megan with raised brows and a scowl annoyed she had been talking and was being ignored.

" Uh- uh I'm sorry Megan but what were you saying?" Megan rolled her eyes with a groan "Nothing too important I guess what's got you all jumpy and zoned out you've been this way since we've got into class?" 

"Oh , uh nothing I'm just thinking about maths, we had a quiz and I forgot to study."  Lies.

"Since when are you worried about failing a quiz even if you didn't study you've never failed."  Megan scoffed at the girl in disbelief with underlying jealousy. The brunette was going to reply before she looked up at the clock and noticed the time, shit. 

Raising her hand the teacher looked at her in question. "Yes Ms.Howards do you have a question about the subject?"

Elizabeth shifts as all eyes from the class turn to her. "Um no I was wondering if I could be excused to the bathroom Mr. Limpton?"

He tsk'd.

"Ms. Howard's their are only 20 minutes left in the class and after is lunch are you sure you can't hold it?" The girl in questioning shook her head making the teacher let out a sigh as he wrote out a bathroom pass for her.

Elizabeth stood up grabbing her belongings not bothering the pick up the pencil she had dropped earlier or daring to look back at Megan who she knew would be glaring at her as she grabbed the pass from her teacher walking out. 

Practically running down the halls and pass the bathrooms Elizabeth hurried towards their meeting spot. Arriving at the corner the brunette slowed down as she saw her leaned up lazily against the wall picking at her nails. Large round glasses falling a bit down her nose due to her head being tilt. Taking a deep breath Elizabeth walked a bit closer before releasing a breathless "Hey." 

"Your late what the fuck took you so long." She muttered not bothering to look up as she continued to pick at her nails. Elizabeth rolled her eyes as she walked closer to the girl with a sigh.

"Megan started talking to me so I lost track."

Looking up with a sneer Carol scoffed " I fucking hate that bitch."