Downfall of a Young Dreamer-Chapter Two

I sleep. At least I try to. Who was that man? What did he want? So many unanswered questions.

I finally decide to wake up and get a drink. As I walk down the hall that’s when I hear it. The tap, tap, tapping in the closet. Okay then must be a rat. I walk two steps further and I hear it again. Tap, Tap, Tap.

My heart misses a beat. What the hell is that?

I decide to ignore it and get my drink and then I head back upstairs. Tap, Tap, Tap.

Okay then this is starting to look like a scene from a horror movie.

My only question is should I open the door?

The question is answered for me as the door opens with a thunderous bang. I drop my glass and head for the stairway so I could get to my room.

The person in that closet however is too fast for me. He grabs my ankle and starts pulling me towards him. I thrust my body towards him and dig my nails into his face.

That’s when realisation hits me it’s the man who knocked at the door this afternoon. How the hell did he get in here?

I use every last ounce of energy in my body to try and push him off my body.

“Give me my baby back!” he screams

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I cry

“Stop lying to me!”

He bangs my head on the wall and starts dragging me to the closet. Oh my God what am I going to do?

That’s when I realise what I have to do. I grab the shards of glasses on the floor and dig it into his leg. He lets out a painful cry and releases me.

I take this opportunity and run for my bedroom and lock it.

Big mistake.

He manages to get into my door by somehow transporting himself and this time he has a weapon.

I notice the knife in his hand and I frantically try to find my own weapon.

“You’ve got my baby! You want to take her away from me like the way you took everything else?”

Who the hell is this man? What in the world is he talking about? Why so many questions.

“Who are you?” I bring myself to ask.

“Who am I? Oh now you’re acting like you don’t even know me?!”

He thrusts the knife forward but I’m too quick I duck out of the way before it hits me. This seems to anger him more and as he comes towards me the door bursts open to reveal my mother.

“Leave!” she shouts. I have never heard my mother use so much emphasis on a word.

The man however seems to do as he is told and vanishes without a single word.