I single tear drips off my face, hitting the back of my hand, which I immediately whip off. I wipe my eyes out too.

God, my chest hurts, it really hurts, but why am I crying now? He said he's proud of me, I should be happy, but all I feel is my chest hurting more then ever before. You're kinda a mess of emotions Jotaro, but you're trying.

I gather myself a bit, and step out of the car, my composer not completely gathered though. I walk to Kakyoin's apartment which is on my second floor.

"JoJo you're so slow, aren't you excited to hang out with me tonight?" Kakyoin teases me from the top of the staircase leading up to the second floor.

You have no idea how happy I am to spend any time with you.

"Mm" I grunt a reply back.

"And yes, I am gonna call you Jojo the rest of the night, even when you lost that nickname at the end high school." He confidently announces, putting both his hands on his hips.

"It's barely past afternoon Kakyoin." I say as I step up and off the final step and begin walking with Kakyoin towards his apartment.

"I know! Also- do you have other plans tonight?" He asks as he swings open his door, I follow him in and close the door.

Haha, like I hang out with anyone else.

"No, why?"

"Well, our original plan wasn't for you to be here today, just thought you might have had something else to do. But if you don't~..." He pauses and give me a tiny smile.

"I have some beer, you wanna to waste some time tonight."

You don't drink really... Why would you buy any in the first place?

"I wasn't expecting you to come over, so i-it's a little messy, so I hope you don't mind"

Kakyoin goes through the living room and into the kitchen, where the bags of pasta sit all over the counter.

"Mm, no it's fine..." I reply as I take a good look at the living room as a I walk through it the stand across from him at the counter.

"... Cleaner then mine." I add, which is saying something since I cleaned it this morning to impress my gay crush.

Kakyoin chuckles through a soft smile while he pats the side of his thigh, gesturing for me to stand next to him.

"We're prepping to cook together, you can't help from across the counter." He jokes.

I stand for second, but soon follow his instructions to the T and stand right next to him. I don't know why, but Kakyoin's house has a very welcoming and relaxed atmosphere to it, so my nerves about being too physically close to him aren't really appearing.

He's is putting the boxes into groups, it there a real difference between them all? I would never know, they all just look like different shapes and shit to me. I mean that does make then different, but do they any other difference? Kakyoin, you're pretty smart to know all these things...

I watch curiously and intently as he stacks the pasta boxes across the counter into three groups.

You should ask, he won't mind my questions, even if they do seem stupid.

"What their differences? Why are you separating them?" I ask pointing to the boxes.

"Huh? Oh, well you bought so much that all of this won't fit into one place, so like these-" He places his hand on one of the boxes in the group on the far right.

"-I'll put these ones one above the refrigerator and the other two I'll just put on the shelf, if they fit. I mean this is just a lot, like- how much did you spend on this again?" He asks with a nearly cartoonish expression of one eyebrow up, and one down. 

I stay silent, letting my expression fall flat.

If I told him than he'd want to pay me back, or feel like he's indebted to me and make it up to me some other way.

"You just aren't going to tell me are you?" He giggles, and my heart throbs at that tiny giggle.

His sweet laughter almost makes me tell him right than and there, and if he knew that if only laughed a few more moments I'd tell him, surely he'd be laughing his ass off.

"OH, speaking of expensive!"

His words sting a little.

"That reminds me! I bought wine for us, or did I already tell you that?"

Well you said you got us beer, so no. You didn't say we have wine.

"No."

"Well, we do, and now you know." His says in a overly formal way, very much on purpose. I can't help but chuckle at his words.

Good grief, what do you see in me?