Chapter 5 - Regrets

Chapter 5

Guys, I know you are confused why the parents are rude with Lucy at the same time they are caring even though they don't show it, so this chapter is mostly about the foster mother's point of view. So I think your doubts will cleared in this chapter.

And by the way, the above picture is Lucy's mother or Mrs. Brown.

READ AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Brown's P.O.V

Saturday

I woke up in the morning at 10 am.

I was really lazy to get out of bed because I know that if I get out I will have to do the cleaning and cooking because Lucy is punished.

The thought of Lucy bought a smile to my face. I know everybody might be thinking that why I am treating an orphan girl like a house cleaner but there is reason for all of this.

I and my husband decided we needed somebody to take care of the house because most of the time we are not at home. We looked for a maid in the beginning but we couldn't find any proper maid who we can trust and give the house. So we thought of adopting a child. We thought that there are many children in the orphanage who don't have a home so we can adopt one so it looks like the child has a home and we have a maid. So when we went to the orphanage we asked the mothers that we want a teenage child who is mature enough to understand us and that's when they suggested Lucy. I liked her the moment I saw her and we decided she will do the job. She was a lovely little girl with brunette hair and dark brown eyes. When we brought her home and I saw her cleaning the house, I actually felt pity for her. 

I told our neighbor's the Jaeger family to keep watch on her at all times and they told me about her going out to play. I wasn't actually angry at her but I had to warn her to not go outside anymore and the only solution was shouting at her and punishing her. Once I told her that she won't have food for a day I stormed into my room because I can't bear shouting at the poor innocent girl. I know that she might be angry at us for treating her like that but she actually doesn't know what we have kept in store for her.

We are actually looking for a maid again. Once we found one we will bring the maid home on Lucy's birthday and we will also send her to school in the following year. I know that it's Lucy's wish to go to school and we will grant her wish. I know that Lucy's birthday just got over but this will we be huge surprise for her next year because I know that she won't be expecting this.

I got out of bed with a smile on my face. I went downstairs and immediately made breakfast for all of us, including Lucy.

I was reluctant to go and give her food because I do want her to learn a lesson but I can't be very mean to her too. I checked the clock it 12. I know that the poor girl will be very hungry by now so I went up to give her the breakfast I made. When Lucy opened the door I had a hard time keeping a angry or at least a straight face. She had a very confused expression which I found very amusing.

" Here is some food for you." I told trying to keep my voice harsh.

" I thought I was on punishment." she said as she took the tray of food for me.

" I don't want you to die due to starvation or something. I don't want to be responsible for an orphan girl's death. Now, if you want that food eat it or give it to me." . I think this time I succeeded in keeping my voice harsh. I understood from the way she scrunched her nose. Well, I actually didn't mean to say those words but it somehow slipped out from my mouth.