thanks for caring

Hank Voight's POV 

- month after meeting Erin - 

" Well then Sheiel and Al get ready to go  undercover"  I told everyone my idea and  about the new case and  went towards to my office and sighed. I sat down to get a phone call to my personal number, it was an unknown number but when I picked up I knew who it was and she was whispering and crying with loud noises in the background. 

Convo 

Erin:  ( in whisper) Hank, please help me.

Voight:  It's going to be Okay Erin , just tell me  where  you are. 

Erin:  I- I don't know where , but can  can I meet you near the bakery hank ( crying)

Voight  Could you do that? 

Erin sure I'll try, b-but p-p-please help. 

Voight Kid, I promise you just get out of t-

Erin I gotta go

_ Convo Ended _

I hanged up, she was whimpering, sounded like she's in pain, whispering and loud background noises. I slammed my office door determined to help her.  " Al cover for me?" I asked my best friend as he nodded and I quickly ran down stairs and got in my car. I drove quickly to the Dawson bakery.  I saw Sylvie, Antonio's girlfriend waiting inside for me. " Hank, there's a girl really bruised in horrible condition but won't go anywhere unless you are here. She's holding one of your business cards."  Erin I whispered. I thanked Sylvie and rushed in to see Erin crying covered in blood and bruises shaking holding my business card that is covered with blood.  Hank , I'm sorry she started inhaling and exhaling  deeply . " Hey Hey, It's okay let's get you to med."  She nodded as I helped her get out of the chair she's been waiting for me on. 

Erin's Pov

Hank I'm sorry I blurted out not knowing what I should do or say. " Hey Hey, it's okay let's get you to med". He said comfortingly rubbing my back not caring if he got blood on his hands. I've never had anybody caring about me in the slightest in so long that it kinda feels weird.  I nodded my head even though I was in pain. Hank helped me get out of the chair. I - I don't remember anything after that. It was complete darkness. The next thing that I remember was being in a bed with Hank sitting next to me on a chair. " You're awake" I turned my head to see Hank grin but still concerned. I pressed my lips to a tight smile and nodded. I sat straight up and looked at my hands to see the bloody bandages on each of my fingers still there. Internally being grate-full that Hank didn't find out about what the hell happened today.  As if he  had read my mind  he said " What happened today Erin ".  He knew my name.  I sighed and looked down at the white sheets. I can't t-tell you I said covering my face. I heard him sigh and put a hand on my shoulder, I flinched because comfort wasn't something I was used to. He took his hand away. Sorry I muttered tears forming in my eyes. " It's okay  kiddo, " He said. " you know you can tell my anything right?". I couldn't handling it anymore.

 I sobbed and sobbed. Until my eyes could no longer provide tears. "I'm sorry I bothered you". I said  looking down feeling embarrassed. " Hey Erin , I told you I will help you if you need help. " He said giving me a smile. Thanks hank,  I smiled as I hid my fingers  under the sheets hoping he won't ask about it. After a moment of comfortable silence " when your mom's a junkie and father's in jail there's not much you could do but at-least try to earn money because mom's just going to use it for herself". I said making eye contact. He looked my way " Erin can I ask you a question, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to". He said somewhat nervously. " Go for it" I said wanting to know what. " Was  by any chance your mother's name  Barbara Bunny Fletcher"  I sighed and I looked down and nodded.

 yep, you know the one with several charges" I said sadly. How'd you know I asked him. "Well,  I might have arrested her  a few times for several  drug abuse charges but I have to tell you something.  What is it I sighed laying back down because my head just felt too heavy. " You okay Erin?"  I heard him ask in the background. " yeah, just a headache I'll be fine". " I could get a nurse here you know". No no it's fine I reassured him as he nodded . A nurse came in and said I'm allowed  to leave as she removed my IV tubes and everything. I nodded and I sat on the bed not saying anything staring at absolute nothing. " Hey erin, you okay kid". He said concerned. " no, i'm not okay hank  i don't want to go home to my so called "mother" to started throwing wine bottles at me and to say shit to me  that I'm going  hope  that she doesn't mean". She said making air quotes. " Hey, I'm not letting you go back there, you're staying in the district until i'm going to get off so you could stay over at my place for a while. My eyes widen " oh my god, I'm distracting you with your work aren't I? You're sergeant  is going to be mad at you." I rambled.  " I  am the sergeant " He chuckled. " Oh" was all I said.

Hank's Pov

"Okay Erin, my wife Camille is home right now okay, she's a really nice lady. Just take a shower and don't worry about anything okay?" I told her as  we were on the way home to drop her off. She smiled weakly. "thank you " she said quietly.  I smiled softly and squeezed her shoulder for reassurance.  " I've got big plans for you kid". I told her smiling. She didn't talk much but kept looking down at her bloody bandage  covered fingers. I tried ignoring it and kept in mind to ask her when I come home after work.  " Bye kid, I'll be back soon, take care okay?" I told the little girl as she stood next to my wife as she gave me a reassuring nod.  " i will, you too." was the last thing I heard her say before I rolled the windows back and started driving back to the district. 

Erin's POV 

Camillie was like a mom I just never had the chance to have. " Sweetie, here have this". She said passing me a juice box smiling kindly. I nodded my head and said " thank you ma'am, as I stared at the juice box on my hand.  " Aw Erin sweetheart just call me Camillie, I don't bite" she chuckled as I nodded as I watched her leave the living room and go to the kitchen. I continued to stare at the juice bottle not wanting  a drop of sweet liquid going down my throat. " Hey Erin honey you know you are really  beautiful inside out right?" I heard Hank's comforting voice as I smiled weakly and nodded. " Thanks, i'm just not that hungry". I said acting casual. He obviously didn't buy it. He raised his eyebrow right when he was about to say something and opened his mouth, Camillie came out of the kitchen  " Hank, you're home" she smiled as she pecked his cheek. Camillie is just so pure and such a real person unlike bunny. That woman disgusts me the fact that she's my biological mother.  

" Come on, let's go for a ride kiddo" I heard Hank's raspy voice cutting my thoughts. " I.. uh... what"? trying to get my gaze back to together. I heard his chuckling in the background.   " Erin, let's go for a ride he said smiling." I nodded my head getting up.  We both went and got in the car and Hank started  driving. 

I leaned my head on the window as the rain poured down as the ground looked shiny. " 14?" Hank questioned. I shook my head, " well, 15 now." I smiled sadly " you wanna know what I got" I  said  angrily just thinking about it without even looking for answer as he was silent listening looking forwards. " I got Xanax pills  shoved down my throat by bunny" I said with my head on my knees. " Thought I'd overdose by it too" I scoffed  " Erin" he started as he stopped the car because the light showed red. " I'm  - i'm sorry, but I 'm broken, I just wanted to kill my self and now i don't know what I want".

 I whispered as my jaw tightened as if I was about to cry but this time no tears came. Emotions I don't  have anymore they left long gone.  I'm just  - ugh I'm done. I whimpered in frustration. I felt hank hold my hand and squeeze it gently.  " I'm with you, till the wheels fall off". He said smiling. " I'm with you till the wheels fall off" I repeated after him making him grin. " Hank, did bunny ever tell you about my dad?". He simply shook his head " sorry kid she never did".  I nodded my head looking at the floor. 

" Erin, sleepy  already ? come on we're here". I heard Hank's voice  in the background as he patted my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see hank next to me. " Uh right yeah". I whispered as I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I got out of the car. As Hank did the same and I couldn't recognize where we were. Uh Hank, um where are we I asked curiously running my hand through my hair. "well kiddo, we are behind the district, if we go from the front well it's loaded up there" he joked as I smiled and nodded and followed him.