Chapter 1

November 3, 1975; Emaline P.O.V

"Rinnnnng! Rinnnnng!" I woke up to the loud and irrating sound from my alarm clock. I laid still in bed not moving an inch of my body. "Rinnnnng! Rinnnnng!" the alarm clock still rang. "Rinnnnng! Rinnnnng!" the alarm blared again." Fine! I'm waking up!" I yelled to the alarm clock. I picked up the alarm clock from the bedside table, then turned it off. I put it back to it's original place, then I finally got up from bed. I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a relaxing shower. After showering, I decided to put on a turtle neck with black high wasted flares, and finished the look with a leather coat and black boots. For my hair, I didn't really have to do anything. I luckily got it done yesterday, so thankfully I didn't have to suffer another panic attack for my hair. After getting ready,  I made my way to my small kitchen and fixed myself a simple breakfast, coffee and toast. Nothing ever goes wrong with coffee and toast. While eating, I went to my living room and decided to play a record on my vinyl. I wanted to feel awake so I decided to play a record from a band I got into recently. The band's name was Queen and their style music style was a very artistic and peaceful, but they definitely had their wild moments too.

15 minutes went by and I finished my breakfast and turned off my vinyl. I grabbed my bag and left for work. I worked at a music store in the heart of London, and I liked it. It was a cozy and chill place, plus the people are nice there. I feel more comfortable here in London, than my old town. In my old town, people treated me like crap and I didn't get that much good opportunities for my music career. Thank god London is a great place for me and my career to thrive or I would've stayed and drowned in the struggles of my old hometown. I eventually arrived at my job. I quickly went into my job, escaping from the freezing air into the warm and cozy environment.

"Good morning Emily."  my boss said. "Good morning sir." I replied with a smile while I was putting my coat on the hanger. 

" For bloody sakes Emily. How many times do I have to tell you that you can call me David?"  David asked with a chuckle.

  "Sorry David. It's a manner that I was taught by my parents since childhood." I replied to him.

  " It's ok , I totally understand. Plus, I'm just teasing you."  David smiled. " Anyways, I have to head out and run a few errands. It may take a few hours."  David stated.

"Ok" I replied.

" Oh and Mary is gonna come around 9' o clock. Plus, I left a list of things that needs to be taken care of in here." David added.

" Alright David." I replied again with a chuckle.

David looked at me and smiled.

" Ok, I'll get going now. See you in a couple hours Emily." David said. 

"See ya in a couple hours David." I replied with a smile.

 David put on his coat then left the shop. I did all of the tasks that was on a list in a hour, while some costumers came and go. Finally the store was in peace and quiet. I looked around the store and felt a little bored. I then suddenly had the urge to sing something. That's when my all time favorite song landed in my head, "At Last" by Etta James. Then I closed my eyes and began to sing.

"At last my love has come along
My lonely days are over and life is like a song..."

I slowly began to  feel confident and excited. 

"Ooh yeah, yeah
At last, the skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you..."

The more and more I sang, the more and more I felt I was slipping into a ecstatic trance. 

"I found a dream, that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to rest my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known..."

I was imaging that I was on stage singing in front of thousands of people. I felt great, I felt amazing.

"Ohh yeah yeah
You smile
You smile
Oh and then the spell was cast..."

I felt even more empowered and thrilled, which caused me to sing more powerfully.

"And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last"

Then I finished the song sonorously and felt emotional after. Then I looked at the crowd and smiled.

I then began to hear loud thumping and was abruptly snapped out of my imagination. I turned to the direction of the sound and found Mary clapping her hands with a huge smile on her face. I looked at the clock quickly and saw that it was 9' o clock. I looked at her and smiled, then bowed.

"Thank you, thank you" I said while sending flying kisses to the air.

 " Bloody Christ! You're amazing!" Mary exclaimed. 

" Thank you." I replied to her with a huge smile.

 " Really! You should be on the stage singing to the world. Why the hell are you working here??!!" Mary boasted.

 " Well you know, it's hard for someone like me to make it through the music industry." I answered.

 "But on Friday, I got a singing gig at the Ritz. This is a big deal!" I added.

 " I'm so happy for you Emi!" Mary exclaimed and gave me a hug, then I hugged her back. 

 " Well we be better get to work before David comes back." I commented after pulling away from Mary. 

" Yeah your totally right." Mary smiled.

I felt time went by fast due to Mary being with me and keeping me entertained.  I eventually finished my shift, and my coat. I said good-bye to David and Mary, then opened the door and stepped into the freezing air. I put my Walkman on and started to listen to music. It was just me and the music, reality was slipping away again. Then reality came crashing back down on me when I felt a strong force hit my shoulder. "What the hell man??!!" I yelled with anger while I was taking off my headphones. I looked up at the person who was responsible, then froze. I immediately recognized that face. It was Roger Taylor from the band Queen. His blue eyes eventually met mines, then he froze too.

"Oh shit" I thought to myself.

SONG CREDITS: At Last- Etta James

"At Last" lyrics and quick info (Genius): https://genius.com/Etta-james-at-last-lyrics