One. More. Chance.

Noah Pov still

I flinched when she whipped around in my arms, her glare deadly.

"Are You Serious?!" She screamed, shoving against my chest. "You Really Think I Would Stay With A Monster!?"

"Vixen....! You weren't supposed to leave! If you hadn't left--"

"Don't You Dare Put The Blame On Me!" She screamed.

"I'm Not!" I yelled, gripping her arms desperately. "I'm just saying that if you were here, you could have calmed me down! If you had been here earlier....."

She had stopped struggling, whimpering in my arms as she shook. My heart jerked at the sight of my little fox already broken.

"If only you had been here. All you would have had to do was touch me and I would have been calm. I didn't know what to do, I was so furious I needed to vent-"

"So you resort to murdering innocent animals?" She spat.

I flinched again.

"It's the only thing I know."

"Killing?" She hissed, glaring at me through her bangs. "All you know how to do is kill?!"

I lowered my head in shame. Had anyone else spoken to me like this, I would have rather slit my throat than show them this pathetic, weak side of myself.

But with her.....

"It's how I was raised! If I could change how I grew up, I would do it in a heartbeat, but I can't!"

"Just because it was how you were raised doesn't mean that's how you should act!" She yelled.

I paused at this. We stayed in silence, just standing there against the door, my eyes begging her to say something.

"You know......" I perked at her words. "I always thought that if I had a mate, it would be a gentleman, someone who knew how to treat a girl." My shoulder slumped and I cringed when she shot me another icy glare. "I should be rejecting you right now."

I swore my heart stopped when she spoke that word. Snapping my head to look at her, I held her tighter. Anger coursed through my veins. My wolf's anger.

"I won't let you." I hissed. Placing my hands on her shoulders, I pulled away, my tone going from pissed to desperate in less than a second. "I can be a gentleman! I will treat you right! Just give me a chance!"

"A Chance?!" She jabbed her finger into my chest. "Your goons Kidnapped my friend and me, you won't let us leave, you chased me down, you locked me in your room and you nearly marked me against my will! Not to mention, that the one time I come back willingly I find you tearing a poor buck to pieces and then you lock me up again! How in the last 42 hours have you shown any sign of you being a gentleman?!"

"I can change! Didn't you say yourself that just because I was raised one way doesn't mean I have to act like it?!"

She was quiet. Her jaw ticked as her hand curled into a fist. Growling out a sigh, she jabbed my chest again.

"One chance."

I blinked.

"What?"

She snarled at me.

"I'm giving you one, chance. You blow it, I reject you and Layla and I leave without any problems. If you don't, I'll live with you without complaint."

My eyes bulged. I pushed down the panicked beg that was crawling painfully up my throat. Not to mention my wolf was screaming at me to not make the deal and just mark her. Of course, I shoved him away and removed my hands from her shoulders. I stuck out my hand.

"Deal," I said.

She looked at my outstretched hand, shaking her head and pushing it away. For a moment, I panicked.

"A handshake won't work." She said.

I blinked in confusion. She rose her right arm, the elbow bent.

"We do a blood promise."

My eyes shot wide.

"What?!"

She shrugged.

"It's something I did with my brothers since a handshake promise can be easily broken and since no one ever respects handshake promises, we did it with blood. And besides, we made a blood bond when I was little."

"I'm not letting you get hurt!" I said angrily.

She glared at me, gritting her teeth.

"Either this or no deal big boy. Take your pick."

I snarled, pissed. Should I just do it? Or have to go through the pain of being rejected? Both had nothing but cons, but I guess one had less than the other. I sighed and rose my left arm, the elbow bent. She nodded.

"Do you have a knife?" She asked, her face nothing but serious.

Shaking my head, she sighed and her canines grew passed her lip.

"We'll have to use our teeth." She rose her arm towards her mouth. "On the count of three."

Sighing, I did as she did, placing them outside of my arm at my lips, my canines stretching past my lip.

"One."

We pressed our canines against our skin.

"Two."

We braced.

"Three!"

Plunging our fangs into our skin, we both whipped our heads, creating a long gash. I grunted. She did nothing but grit her teeth, but I could tell she was in more pain than me. Blood dripped onto the wooden flooring, seeping from our wounds in small lakes. Taking a deep breath, she stepped closer to me, raising the bloody arm. The sight of blood on my mate made me nearly nauseous. It was surprising yet not. I'm used to the sight of blood, but seeing it on my mate made me feel sick. My wolf began begging for us to heal her, to make the blood go away.

"Now," She snapped me out of my thoughts. "We press them together, parallel."

I nodded and pressed my own bloody gash against her own, wincing when she hissed. Gingerly, she moved her arm back and forth, mixing our blood. After a short minute, she moved her arm back and sighed, gripping above it. My wound was already healing, skin growing over the gash. Her wound was healing slowly but surely, too slow in my opinion. Tenderly, I took her arm, taking her to the bathroom and running the bloody arm under cold water, grabbing a medkit from the cupboards. Every time I dabbed the disinfectant onto the gash she would hiss and wince, filling me with dread for hurting my mate. I quickly finished with wrapping bandages, covering the whole of the wound.

"You know it heals by itself right?" She asked, looking at me with a raised brow.

I nodded and stood, placing the kit back in the cabinet.

"Yeah, but it took too long," I said. I swallowed. "By the way, I'm taking you on a date in two days. Be ready."

She puffed out her cheek in annoyance before looking away.

"Fine." She growled, her lips pulling into a sneer. "Remember, you only have one chance. Don't blow it."

I walking out of the bathroom, mind linking to have the door unlocked. A click came from the other side. Gripping the handle, I spoke once more before slipping past the doorway.

"I know."

***********

Sorry, it took so long! Here it is! Enjoy and Thank you for Reading!