Kalen raised his hands in a placating gesture. "No, nothing like that." He promised, taking a step closer to Piper. "I...I just wanted to see you again." He admitted, swallowing a lump in his throat.

A warm heat spread through Piper's cheeks, made only worse when Naomi let out a loud aww noise from beside her. "As much as I want to talk to the giant in disguise, I'll give you two some privacy for now." Naomi stated, throwing Piper an encouraging but also cheeky look before heading back into Piper's bedroom and closing the door.

Piper gave a nervous laugh as she turned back to look at Kalen. "She's--she's just kind of a freak sometimes." She chuckled, fiddling awkwardly with the hem of her shirt.

"You know, it's so strange seeing you like this." Kalen commented, gesturing at Piper in front of him.

"I know what you mean." Piper said, taking that moment to fully take in Kalen's appearance.

It was bizarre being able to see his whole body all at once when so close to each other. Before, unless Kalen was farther away, Piper had only able been able to see a part of him at a time because he was just so massive. It was almost like looking at an entirely new person now, which explained why it had taken Piper so long to fully recognize him when he'd arrived.

Rather than the almost Victorian era formal attire Piper was used to seeing Kalen in, he wore modern clothes Piper would expect to see on a normal American teen. Piper supposed it made sense for him to wear something that wouldn't draw too much attention. One thing Celia and Rothgard actually agreed on was that it was best to keep Amasis' existence secret to humans for as long as possible.

"I don't suppose you picked those out yourself." Piper commented, gesturing to Kalen's outfit.

Kalen shook his head. "I would never have thought to pick something like this." He said, taking a moment to look down at his clothes.

Piper shrugged, "I think it suits you." Whoever had chosen Kalen's human wardrobe for him had seemed to ace it. The slightly preppy yet trendy look he was sporting fit him well.

Now it was Kalen's turn for his face to become a shade redder, something that caused a big grin to spread across Piper's face. "I suppose it isn't bad for human clothes." Kalen teased to distract from his face's obvious change in color.

It was crazy how different Kalen was acting than what Piper had been used to. She never could have imagined the snarky giant she first met to blush, especially not at something she'd said. Though she would be lying if she said it wasn't a little bit endearing.

"Oh, have your ribs healed alright by the way?" Kalen piped up.

Unconsciously, Piper put a hand against her ribs. True to Devon's words, Piper's ribs had felt completely normal after a week of taking osteosanol. Of course she didn't know for sure they'd actually healed. She had kept her injury a secret so she wouldn't be taken to a hospital. Piper had a feeling the doctors would have a few questions about the unheard of medication in her system. However, considering everything looked and felt normal to her, Piper felt comfortable in assuming she had fully recovered. "All good." Piper told Kalen confidently.

"Glad to hear it." He said with a soft smile and a nod.

A few moments of silence stretched out between the two of them then, both seeming to want to say something, but neither sure how. Finally Kalen spoke up. "Piper...there was something I wanted to say to you before you left." He told her, the serious look in his eyes telling Piper that this wasn't something inconsequential.

"Ok..." Piper responded uncertainly, unsure of what to expect.

Kalen took in a deep breath. Clearly whatever he was about to say wasn't easy for him. Piper, ever the pessimist, steeled herself for the worst.