I Notice You

This is another Hetalia One-Shot co-written by VHudz33! :3

***

Days alone with her big brother, without any world conferences to have to attend, were days that Eva always looked forward to. However, it seemed that even though one of those days was today, for the first time in her life she was...bored.

Now that she thought about it, Basch never really was a talkative person, was he? Even as she sat on the bench outside next to him, sitting back and enjoying the warm, spring breeze, he actually had the nerve not to say a word. Already it had been five minutes, and he hadn't made another sounds than a few long sighs and grumbles. Huffing, Eva gently blew on her steaming hot tea, slowly and carefully sipping the drink from the porcelain cup. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed her brother doing the same.

Silence.

Sighing, Eva set her chin in her free hand, brushing a loose strand of short, blonde hair from obscuring her face. Thinking deeply, the young nation remembered back to the day she met that one country: Matthew, the personification of Canada. The nation she wished the others would notice, yet he never is. Even after she brought the others' attentions to him, the poor Canadian's never had the chance to speak his opinion in front of everybody. He really is a kind country, much kinder than his obnoxious brother, Alfred.

Matthew was even nice enough to let her stay over his house, while her big brother was on an overnight business trip.

A smirk formed on Eva's lips at the memory of their time together. Cuddling with his panda cub, baking pancakes, eating them with maple syrup, snuggling together on the couch, watching a Disney movie - that kiss they shared. She was wise not to tell Basch everything they did, since she desperately wanted to visit the Canadian again. She could still smell the wood from his cabin, the scent of maple syrup that lingered on his skin - something that was easily detected, even if you weren't right beside him. He was so quiet in the beginning, but once she got to know him, she could've talked with him for days on end.

Perhaps that's the reason she's bored out of her mind at the moment. Would her big brother allow her to visit Matthew again?

"Um..." she meekly spoke up, turning her head and gazing up at Basch. He stared straight ahead in concentration, and for a moment she wondered if he even acknowledged her. "Big Bruder?"

"Hmm?" said the Swiss man, somewhat surprised to hear his little sister speak. "What is it Eva?"

Eva gulped, setting the teacup on the small saucer in her lap. "Remember Mr. Williams? The personification of Canada you let me stay with when you were talking business with Mr. Braginsky?"

"Oh yeah, that guy that's not a total douchebag," he nodded. "What about him?"

"Well..." She'd begun to wring her hands together at this point. "I miss him. Will you let me see him again, Big Bruder? Please?"

His face darkened. "You don't have a crush on him do you? Because if you do, that means I have to kill him."

Her face immediately paled. Slowly, she felt a blush rising in her cheeks. Turning her head from her brother, hoping he didn't notice her reaction, she lifted the cup from the plate to her lips. Not caring how scalding hot the drink was, she gulped it down in a matter of seconds.

Did she have a crush on him? She just considered him her friend, right?

But he's so sweet, a part of her mind argued. Don't deny that you enjoyed that kiss.

"No, bruder," Eva quickly lied, feeling sick about doing so. She never fibbed about anything to anyone, especially to her brother. "That is silly. He is just a good friend!"