six.

CHAPTER      VI
a crazy idea.

STAGNANT. Like a deer in headlights. Your heart pounding in your ears as a shiver travels up your spine. You gasped as the heavy jewels slip between your delicate fingers. The metal and chain clattering against the floor in a silence-breaking echo.

Before you could process what you had done, the prince was practically right next to you. He harshly pushes you away as he clutches at the link of lavish chains. His eyes hidden beneath the curtain of bangs in the front of his face, shadow casted as he shakily & hastily placed the gems back into the enigmatic box.

As he slams it shut, flipping the rusted latch down he spins back towards you with an enraged look in his eye. Eyes dilated as a humorous— no, cheshire— no! why is he looking at me like that?!

You back away from him, crawling backwards as the wildly terrifying grin spreads across his face. Slow, mocking footsteps towards you before standing right in front of you. Crouching forward, direct eye-to-eye contact as he seemed to peer through your very flesh & bone.

He reaches a hand out towards you as you sat frozen in fear. His hand gently flattened the top of your head, your hair still slight damp from the shower. As he continued his rather confusing act of gentleness, he sighs.

"A curious little thing aren't you? I'd completely forgotten that the box was in this specific room, I wonder how you managed to find it..." He speaks quietly, almost dazed as he twirls a piece of your (H/C) hair between his slender fingers.

"Despite losing all recollection of who you are, you retained some character. And I must say—" He cuts his sentence short as he yanks on your hair like a rope. You yelp in pain as he holds your head up by a length of hair like a dog on a leash.

"You make it so hard, not to kill you every moment you're near me..." He growls before dropping your head as he watches you collapses onto the polished floors. You reach to grab your aching scalp only to have your hair yanked back again. Another yelp, as you try to yank the prince's hand out of your delicate hairs. He yanks your hand away from his his as he stares down at you, wrist caught within his palm.

"I did not grant you permission to touch me, fool." You grovel beneath him, falling victim to his cruel judgement as you attempt to figure out what exactly had you done. Were the jewels important? Did they belong to the king? If so, why weren't they in the kings vault if they were so important?

As you endure his cruel treatment, the hairs plucked for your scalp from the harsh thug. He laughs. Laughs at your pathetic state beneath your superior. The example of pure power, who held the position and who was nothing but dirt on the ground. A little girl so weak and powerless, she simply submits to pure force.

"You dare to touch royalty? I could have you beheaded before the entire region..." Whimpers and cries as you lay still under his gaze. The unyielding pull under his hand as your scalp stings. Your wrist caught in a tight grip. Your eyes shut tight out of fear. Afraid of looking into his hateful line of sight. His gaze so petrifying that he might turn you to stone.

He clenches his jaw. A harsh breath through his nose before releasing his grasp and stepping away. You sat still on the floor, your head bowed low. Tears pricking your eyes from the stinging pain at the top of your head. The hand he had caught with the slightest of bruises forming.