.𝟎𝟐

FRIDAY, JULY 13, 1985
10:53 AM
HONOLULU, HAWAII

max hurried out the door. her red hair in a mess because she had overslept with no time to get ready. she opened the door, looking behind her to see billy still sound asleep. the smell of beer and woman's perfume still following him.

thank god. she let out a sigh of relief and shut the door behind her.

___

max walked inside of the elevator, a faint jazz playing. she scanned the buttons, eventually pressing "1", leading to the pool. with every floor the elevator went down, her stomach dropped a little more. nervousness was the only thing she could feel.

she heard the elevator beep, causing her to snap out of her thoughts. the sliver doors slid open to reveal the scent of chlorine making her cringe. it brought back many unwanted memories with her family.

she pushes the glass doors open, scanning the small crowd for a certain black haired boy. he turned around and she spotted the brown eyes she could never miss.

"wheeler! over here" she waved her hands, causing everyone's attention to turn to her. that didn't matter to her. the only thing that mattered was that she saw him again.

mike walked over and looked at her. he was taken aback. her red hair messy, yet still put together in a way. freckles perfectly dusted into her pale skin. a wide smile plastered on her face. her blue eyes. the way her eyes reminded him of the ocean. she was prettier than he thought she was last night. in fact, she was perfect.

"hello? earth to mike?" she snapped her fingers in from of him.

"oh, sorry. i spaced out" he apologized,
"anyways, i'm gonna take you somewhere." he gripped onto her hand, pulling her back into the building.

"still trying to kidnap me, huh?" she smiled brightly.

the way his hand held onto hers drove her crazy. she tried to hide it because surely, friends do this all the time right? 

"just wait and see, mayfield. wait and see."

AUTHORS NOTE
;)