I was right. Young, blonde, tiny build, cute butt I guess. Six out of ten, and that’s just looking at her from afar. So yeah, need to keep my cool.

Suddenly, the main doors click, locking us in and switching the lights off. The girl stopped singing and dancing, stepping out of the way of the water. Looking around she called out, “Hello?”

Before I could even respond to her, our eyes locked. Moving my mouth to smile at her and greet her, her face twisted into an ugly scowl and her tiny, boney arms flung to her chest, “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!”

Truthfully, it took me by surprise. Then I remembered we were in the showers. And she was naked. And so was I. Oh no…

Looking down, I scramble to explain to her what I was doing exactly and that I wasn’t staring at her butt just a few seconds ago. “I’m so sorry! I didn’t think anybody else was in here! You called out and I was coming to see who it was. I thought you were a janitor?”

All while I was stuttering on to her, she was hiding her whole body behind a yellow robe, tying the knot so tight I thought it might break her. “HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN HERE? HOW LONG WERE YOU LOOKING AT ME?!”

“I wasn’t at all! I just got here before you did! I honestly just back from a party, can’t you smell the booze from my clothes?”

“You’re not wearing any clothes?!”

“Yeah! Well, I have a towel on, but I guess that’s the same thing. But not really,” I stammered as she gathered all of her soaps and washes together.

“Stay right where you are, get dressed before I call the cops on your perverted ass,” she spat with anger and fear in her shaking voice.

“But I didn’t even do anything yet!!”

“Yet?!?’

As we were still fighting, the girl and I didn’t even notice the sound of clicking heels coming down the hallway. We didn’t even notice the door when it opened up again and closed soon after. And we didn’t even notice when another voice began to lace in with ours.

Phoebe –

Since Rebecca left her pore strips in the shower and she desperately needed them (this very second) and I was the only one sober enough to drive back to campus and get them for her, I had to haul my butt all the way over here. I wasn’t having a lot of fun at the party anyway, so many high school kids came and crashed just when it was starting to get fun, I lost all interest. So now all I wanted to do was get these stupid strips and go to bed.

Clicking my heels down the long hall, I try to ignore the pain in the soles of my feet and the ramen noodle smell emitting from the dorm rooms next to me. I’ll never understand why Becca didn't want to move in with me, the showers are nasty and germ filled. And the rooms? Basically the size of my closet.

Finally, I approach the main doors leading into the showers. Pulling out a napkin from my clutch, I wrap it around the sticky metal and push down, letting myself in.

Automatically, I was greeted by a list of unapealing things; an extreme  scent of body odor, wet towels scattered all along the grime covered tiles and two other college kids fighting in front of me.

My hands fly to my face, letting go of the door to cover my nose.  Finding the nose strips was my mission, but that was the last thing I was concerned about now.

“Uhm, hello? Have either of you two seen any pore strips?” I asked in a nasally voice, since I still had my nose plugged up.

The couple were still going at it. Something about being naked and calling the cops. A part of me wanted to know the whole story, but the other part of me wanted to get the hell out of there.

“HEY!”

They both stopped yelling and turned toward me. The girl had a robe on, her hair soaked and bubbles still rested on the stop of her head. The guy only had a towel on, but started giving me a creepy smile once we made eye contact. “Yeah, uhm...have you guys seen my pore strips? I, uh, left them here the other day.”

The girls’ face softened, hugging herself, “Sorry, no I haven’t. Would you like some help looking for it while I wait for the cops?”

The guy rolled his eyes, “I didn’t do anything!”

Before they could jump into another fight, I let my hands fall from my nose and held them up, silencing them. “It’s fine, I don’t need any help. I’ll just buy new ones. Thanks for nothing,” I grumbled as I spun on my heels back toward the door.

Forgetting about the napkin, I slapped my hand onto the handle and pushed down. But, the handle didn’t move at all. I tried again, nothing. Shaking it up and down repeatedly, I started to feel frantic, “Why isn’t the door opening?!”

“What time is it?”

Thinking back to when I got out of my car, I answered, “Around 11:30, I think.”

The girl sighed and her head fell into her hands, clearly exhausted with this whole situation. “The showers are open from 5 am. till 11pm. It locks from the inside. There was a sign taped up about that earlier this week, I should have known,” she moaned into her skin.

The male spoke up, obviously excited by this news, “So we’re stuck in here till then?”

Rolling my eyes, I shot him daggers, “Shut up.” Checking my phone, I sighed violently, “And no signal either.”

The girl in the robe laughed to herself, but it wasn’t a this is such a crazy situation! I can’t wait to tell my friends about this! but more of a this is possibly the worst thing that could have happened me tonight kind of laugh.

It was silent for awhile, all up until the guy spoke up again, “Well, at least we can get to know each other now, right?”

Now in unison, we both shouted, “Shut up!”

This was going to be a long, long night.

-

I'm back! Even though this isn't a poem book, I figured since I was writing things like this for my creative writing class, I thought it would't hurt to show them to you guys too. This book will be frequently updated with new short stories, so I hope everyone likes this side of my writing!

-TaylorMarie