Kiss and Makeup: Part One

Start from the beginning

"Pack your bags, guys. We're going to the city tomorrow."
________________________________

The plan was that he, Leo, Hazel, Jason, and Reyna would take the limo that day, and meet up with their friends that night. They were lucky it was Spring Break, or all the times they skipped school (like to rescue Nico from a crazy kidnapper) would really start to catch up to them.

Nico was honestly surprised at how well everything had worked out. Jason and Reyna would be able to see their family, Hazel could go see a photoshoot, (she'd always wanted to, because she loved watching Nico work), and Leo and him would be able to hang out. Piper and Rachel has both stated that their parents were rich enough to not miss the money it took to book a couple more rooms, and they waved them goodbye as the limo came to pick them up.

The instant they'd arrived at Ambrosia, his friends had been rushed off to the rooms, and he'd been grabbed and dragged into the room where the shoot would take place as assistants trailed behind, calling out things like "Need water, Mr. Di Angelo? A bran muffin? A vitamin? Anything?"

His guests were given the same treatment, invited to watch the photoshoot provided they didn't interact and distract Nico.

It was exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. The camera was state of the art, the people were friendly, and the words "kidnapped" and "Gaia" never left anyone's mouth. At least not around him. However, it was still odd and a little embarrassing to have all the models looking at him for direction.

The models themselves were a sight to behold.

They were terrifying.

Reyna's sister had her dark skin and hair, but was taller and more lithe, with less obvious muscle. She walked like she was stalking her prey and looked at the room through thick eyeliner, as if everything in it both bored and annoyed her.

There were only six models in all, three female and three male. Each was modeling a specific piece from a new brand, and it was Nico's job to highlight them and make them stand out, with both individual and group pictures.

Hylla's piece was a pair of high heels that looked like they could double as knives. The points were needle sharp and seemed dangerous to walk on, the colors shimmering from black to gold and back again, and she made it work.

However, she was just too fierce and tough to fit in any of the typical positions of magazines. When she knelt on the ground, it looked more like she was planning to cut off your ankles.

A sudden idea occurred to him.

"Hylla, are you familiar with the Amazons?"

Her eyes lit up.

"It's my favorite myth. Why?"

"Just a quick idea. Butch, can you come over here?"

Butch's piece was a pair of long black pants and a gold belt, so their color scheme matched nicely.

"Butch, stand here, facing Hylla. Don't move. Hylla, lift your leg up and- wait, let's put some tape on the end so you don't stab Butch- okay, good. Yeah, like that. Great!"

Any and all embarrassment about touching the models vanished, and professional Nico emerged. He straightened Hylla's leg and touched Butch's muscled chest, laughing with the other models about how they would have to edit out his rainbow tattoo later.

Reyna, Jason, Hazel, and Leo watched from the other side of the pane of glass behind Nico, commenting on his style and sudden change of attitude. At least, Reyna, Jason, and Hazel were. Leo was clutching the railing tightly, a look of displeasure on his face.