Leo's line and Nico's fame

Leo was on TV.

In Nico's hospital room, the television flickered through all their favorite shows constantly, since there wasn't much to do. Nico was kind of comatose.

So Leo changed the channel to the city news, and watched the report on Gaia as if he hadn't already seen it a million times.

"We got a call from these brave kids, giving us a tip on where Nico was located, and drove down immediately. When we arrived, they were standing over the cavern where Mr. Di Angelo was kept, with two already down in it, taking care of him. The rest had Gaia surrounded on the floor, and her two sons unconscious," a police officer said into a microphone.

"And you weren't angry at them for going off on their own, putting themselves and Di Angelo in danger?" questioned the reporter, looking awestruck.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, these kids caught a gang leader responsible for multiple deaths and kidnappings in the city. Anyone who's mad at them for doing this is an idiot." The shot faded to one of a new's room.

"And that's the story from our newest reporter!" said the chipper newsman.

"The children, especially Leo Valdez and Hazel Levesque, are being hailed as heroes throughout the city for their quick thinking that saved Nico di Angelo's life. More at eight."

He was still staring at the screen when Nico stirred for the first time in three days.

________________________________

Nico wasn't planning on sleeping for three days. It just sort of happened.

The hospital was the same as he remembered, with it's friendly staff and terrible food. Not that he ate that much, anyway.

When he finally woke up, everything was blurry and dream-like. Leo immediately leapt up from the chair beside his bed, screeching for Hazel and kissing him all over his face.

The heart monitor by the bed started speeding up, and Nico cursed. He'd only just awoken, and he'd already been embarrassed by Leo's dumb kisses and his stupid heart monitor.

Leo only laughed and nuzzled his face into his chest before being pulled away by a kind nurse.

"Your boyfriend's gonna be fine, honey," she assured him, and Nico and Leo locked eyes over her shoulder.

"You bet he will be."

________________________________

Nico had been in the hospital for a week, dealing with his cuts- some of which had become infected- and malnutrition and dehydration. Every single one of his friends visited him every day, no matter what they had going on. Leo was always the first to come, and the last to leave.

The nurses were great, especially Mr. Apollo and his friend, Asclepius. They joked around about giving him special treatment since he was their only male charge, but he didn't care. They let his friends "sneak by" after visiting hours.

When he finally had to leave the hospital, he was shaking. Apollo gripped his shoulders from behind.

"You got this, kiddo."

"Maybe," Nico muttered.

"Come on. Smile for me! We may meet again sooner than you think," Apollo said slyly, giving him a blinding smile. Then, he patted his back and shoved him out the door.

He was expecting the odd reporter or two. He was not prepared for the mob outside the hospital doors.

"NICO! Mr. Di Angelo!" the called, the flashes blinding him.