It's Only A Fairytale: Prologue

Prologue:

She was only six, when she met him.

She gasped as she stared at the creature that was floating few feet above her; but there was no fear in her eyes. Her mouth hung open slightly in complete awe as if she’d seen the most unbelievable miracle in the world.

The “creature” descended slowly from the sky, flipping the enormous wings that spread out on his back. His dark eyes scanning the surrounding calmly --- they were cold, she’d noticed. Dark and calm, like a pond of dead water, layered with thinnest ice. There was a sense of haughtiness in them when he looked around as if, the world was beyond him. His dark hair was slightly tousled; his pale face was calm, with no hint of emotions.

He looked like any other teenage boy, to be exact, despite the huge wings on his back.

If he wasn’t so breathtakingly beautiful.

She stood on tiptoe and gently touched the feathers, her eyes shone with amazement. He jumped a little, glancing at her, surprised by the fact that she could actually see him. They held the gaze for a moment in silence.

She chuckled, pointing at his wings happily.

“Are you an angel?”

He bent down, patting her head gently, looking a little unsure.

“Yes, I’m an Angel.”