Part 16: Thanos

"Heads, up! He's on his way in!" Quil yelled back to them. Strange looked up at her and only said, "Stay out of the fight. Got it?" "What?" She asked, but he already moved back to where he was positioned. Each of them waited where they were, and soon enough Thanos made his grand entry into Titan.

Thanos walked though a dark cloud, appearing before Strange who was seated on a set of old steps. "Awh yea. . . you look much more like a Thanos." Thanos looked over in his direction. There was a menacing look in his eye that was covering the pain of a deep loss. "I take it my men are dead? . . . This day takes a heavy toll." Thanos continued to slowly walk towards Strange as he looked at the time stone on his chest. "Still, he accomplished his mission."

"You might regret that," Strange answered. "He brought you face to face with the master of the mystic arts."

"And where do you think he brought you?" With each passing exchange of words, small threats, and death glares, the others had themselves quietly lined up in their places, surrounding Thanos from every possible direction. 

"Let me guess," Strange answered, "Your home?" Thanos went on to explain his genocide of his own planet, how he wants to murder so many and call it mercy.

Strange stood up, readying his abilities and told him, "I think you'll find our will, is equal to yours."

"Our?" Thanos looked up to sky to see a large mass of space debris forced down and hurled at him from space by another, Iron Man. The debris crashed down around Thanos, but because of the stones he already had, he was able to protect himself from the crash. 

"Piece of cake Quil," Tony said as he flew by. "Yea, if your goal was to piss him off!" 

One by one each of the members flew, ran, and swung into their places. Strange held his hand up to (YN) again and yelled at her, "NO! Stay as far from the fight as you can. Just fight at a distance if you have to!" He ran back in and worked together with the others, but she still couldn't figure out why he wouldn't let her fight. She insisted on helping, so she only hid behind objects and used her ability from there. Mantis was also made to wait on the side, but she had a purpose at least.

With all of them fighting Thanos, Strange started a sling of portals for Peter to jump through to make his moves against the titan. "Magic!" He would yell. "More Magic! Magic with a kick! Magic with a-" on the last one Thanos caught him by the head and slammed him on the ground, calling him an insect. He threw Peter over by Strange, then (YN) stood up with her move ready, "Actually, he's an arachnid." She then threw her hands together, creating a gravitational clap that brought a force of the gravitational pull together, tight enough to create a sharp knife like wind to cut Thanos and throw him back. With the reality stone in his hand, he altered it, changing the energy into water allowing it to soak him and the ground around him. 

Tony flew back into the fight firing at Thanos, using the opportunity as a distraction for more explosions and rockets to hit him from all directions. However the stone he currently held allowed him to redirect the flames and energy back to Tony, crashing him into another hunk of what used to be a craft on the planet. To try and stop him, Peter shot a web at the gauntlet but Thanos knocked it into the kid's head. Immediately behind him was a space ship hurled at Thanos. The attack threw him back hundreds of yards, but it wasn't from any of them. Coming out of the ship and readied with her weapon was Nebula, Gamora's sister. The two began a long awaited for fight. She hesitated to ask where her sister was but was met by the back of his large fist. 

Strange took the chance to use his magic to restrain Thanos' left arm, then accompanied by everyone else around him to rip off the gauntlet. (YN) also helped, but kept her distance as told, and used an unrelenting force to hold Thanos to the ground. As Iron Man and Spider Man moved to quickly pull the gauntlet from Thanos, they each learn the fate of Gamora, the girl Quil was so desperate to have back from Thanos. Once Quil learned the truth about her, he wasn't able to keep it together, and his attack on Thanos caused him to wake up from the trance, thereby giving him the strength back to take hold of the gauntlet, and re-establish his control. 

The fight grew more and more intense, even to the point of Thanos launching a planet at Stark. Peter rescued as many of them as he could, even (YN) from the meteors, leaving Strange as the only one left to fight Thanos head on. He held is own until Thanos realized he held a fake time stone, and he tossed Strange aside as well. Just then, Tony returned, this time even more pissed, "You throw another moon at me, and I'm going to lose it."

This time it was Stark vs Thanos, and wasn't ending well at all. Stark ended up with a nearly fatal injury to his side, threatening to kill him, Thanos used him to get to Strange. (YN) was watching from where Peter left her, but she was struggling to stay awake since the meteor strike. 

As she began to black out, she could see an exchange between Stark, Thanos, and Strange. They were discussing something, but she couldn't quite hear it. She looked back up to see that Thanos held the time stone. "So that's it. . . ," she muttered, now feeling lifeless, hopeless, loveless, and lost. As she gradually lost consciousness, she could see Loki again in his black suit with the green scarf. He smiled at her, called her darling, but she couldn't hear him, only read his lips. He kept talking to her as he walked to her, but everything was in slow motion. There was nothing around them, only white light. He placed his hand on the side of her cheek, telling her he loves her, but again, no sound. . . .

With the time stone in his hand, Thanos vanished, making his way to earth and leaving behind the others. Peter brought everyone together and helped (YN) down from where she was before trying to wake her up. With the group together, Stark yelled at Strange, wanting to know why he gave the stone away. He didn't answer, but used the last of his strength to heal (YN) one more time. "Look after her," he told Tony. Tony gave him a strange look, then after a few minutes, Mantis spoke up, "Some thing's, happening." Just as she spoke, her body began to change to dust and fade away. One by one they each faded, and Strange continued to heal (YN) until he was gone. "One chance," he told her before he too vanished with the others. 

Before long, only (YN), Nebula, and Tony remained on Titan.