Chapter 3: Pack up

After cleaning the house spotless to his parents expectations, I gathered up my belongings. I hate leaving him, but I'm not supposed to go anywhere while my parents are gone.... And Max isn't supposed to have anyone over either. So evidence must be hidden or our love will be forbiddin.

"You have all of your stuff together sexy?" he said slapping my butt playfully. He only does that because he thinks it's alluring.... It's not. Hahaha.

"Yes 'sexy'. Hahaha. I love you!" I said kissing him on the cheek. I love mocking him. He doesn't get offended thank goodness. He walked with me to the door with his arm slung playfully around my waist. He opened the door for me and gestured with his hand for me to go forward. I went and he followed me through; closing the door behind him. He grabbed my hand and we walked silently down the street untill we got to my house. We stopped at the front door, just standing there looking at each other. He grabbed me up in his arms and kissed me on my lips; soft and sweet. Still wordless, I unlocked the front door and he sat my stuff down on the couch. The silence started to grow awkward.... We looked at each other and burst out laughing for no apparent reason. Thats just how amazing we are. Finally, after we calmed down and caught our breath, we turned the T.V. on. While Max clicked through the channels, I secretly admired him. Well, I least I thought secretly.

"What, do I have like a booger or something 'cause you're staring at me like I'm a freak?" he said laughing.

"No, I was just admiring you from afar," I joked.

"Haha.. Ok so there's nothing good on T.V. so do you want to rent a movie on On Demand or something?" he asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Sure," I said as I stood up and kissed him on the cheek. I went into the kitchen to make some popcorn and get our drinks ready while I let him pick out the movie.  While he was selecting a movie, I grabbed my bag and put my clothes in the laundry room, my toothbrush and shampoo in the bathroom, and my other stuff in my room. I heard the microwave beep so I went back to the kitchen and grabbed the hot bag. I poured Max's favorite drink; Mr. Pibb, with three ice cubes and mine; Mountain Dew, with three ice cubes as well. I brought out the snack and he had chosen a movie. He smiled and took them from my hand so I could sit down beside him. Thats just how amazing he is. And he's all mine, thank God. I couldn't stand it if he belonged to anyone but me. He scooted closer and pulled me into his lap, hugging me close. 

Once the movie had ended, Max pulled me up in his arms dancing some unkown tango. I laughed and looked up into is passionate eyes; wanting to just stay there forever. DING-DONGGGG!! Crap! I thought glancing at my phone. It's 10:00 pm already? I glanced at Max...my parents are home. Max RAN for the back door and i stalled fiddling with the lock. I heard my mom sigh impatiently. I heard the click of the back door. Sighing in relief, i opened the door and smiled. My mom was crying...my dads not there...

" Mom?? Where's dad? What's going on? Are you okay?' I asked in a flurry of questions. She burst into tears and ran to her room slamming the door behind her. I chased her to her room. I slowly opened the door peering around the side. She was curled up in a ball against the wall holding a box of tissues. She glanced up and cried harder.

" Your dad is not coming home, sweetie," she said through ragged breaths.

"What do you mean mom??" I interrogated supsicously.

" Your dad was...mudered...shot in the face 3 times...and now...sweetie...I'm going to join him," she said, a devious, very creepy, smile spreading across her face. I backed away slowly and carefully untill I reached the wall creeping sideways to the doorway reaching for the phone on the wooden table in the hallway. I quickly dialed Max's number and whispered hurridly into the phone. He was already on his way over. I heard a loud BANG!!  followed by another; ebverything went black.

When I woke up, i was looking up into Max's face...it looked worried. I glanced around the room; there was and I.V. with a clear fluid dripping down it. I tried to sit up so I could get a better perspective on where I was and pain shot through my leg. Screaming out in pain, I saw the look of absolute horror on Max's face. That's when everything came back to me. I remember reaching for the phone to dial 911 knowing Max was already on the way because my mom was about to shoot herself...and me. Just as my thumb hit the 9, I remember an excruiating pain through my side along with to loud bangs and a thud as I hit the floor along wit my mom. I felt the pain all over again just remembering it causing me to sob in pain. Two nurses came and gave me two pills and a glass of water...bleh. I hurridly gulped down both and immediatly looked around for my mom. WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!  Max must've noticed the the paniced looked on my face because he walked over to the bed and grabbed my hand, sighing. Oh, great...here comes the news I was dreading all along.

"Judy...what's on your mind?" he asked, smiling a sad smile.

"W-wh-where's my mom?" I said, my voice cracking.

"Judy..your mom's gone..she died of tissue damage and blood lost," he said with sorrowful eyes. I didn't say anything. I just burried my head in his warm and welcoming hands and bawled with no shame. He murmured comforting things while gently kissing the top of my head and rubbing my back. After all my tears were gone, I looked up to see his parents standing in the doorway, looking at my bandaged side in complete, utter horror and disbelief. They shamefully looked away, being caught staring. His mom walked over to the bed and sat at the foot of it, smiling sweetly at me.

"Judy, honey...How's your side?" she questioned, stealing a glance at the bloody bandage. I hadn't really even looked at it. So I peered down to see the most gruesome thing i have ever seen. I had at least 10 stiches and 2 staples. I almost threw up.

"Umm...G-g-good..urmm..." I was just to shocked to really say anything to that. She must have sensed it too because she came over to the side of the bed and grabbed my hand.

"We're here for you honey...always," she murmured for my ears only. She bent down and gently kissed me on the cheek; giving Max's dad a look telling him to leave the room. Now it's only me and him. HIM....my him...Max. Right now I only have eyes for him...He looked at me with so much love it seems imbossible he hasn't exploded from it yet. I gazed steadily back at him, we stayed like that for a few minutes without saying or doing anything. He walked over to my bed and just as he bent down to kiss me the nurse walked in and he instantly stood straight up. He coughed to hide his laugh as I reached over to smack him only to be stopped by the I.V. stuck in my wrist. At seeing this, the nurse gave us a look that shut us up instantly. She gave me a glass of water and some pills; I took it fast hoping for some relief in the pain thats so excruiating its almost imbearable. Before I knew it; I was fast asleep on my way to recovery.