Chapter Four

PART ONE - SOKKA, AANG, & KATARA'S STORY

Katara

Hey! My name's Katara.

So, I was the last Waterbender from the South. Which was fine by me. I met this idiot Aang one time, I was like nine, and we kinda started dating. Turns out my brother hated him! And we turned ten and went for a walk together. Boutny hunetrs caught us - two unnamed benders? Wow, great! We were taken to a camp and kept there. Aang and I were sold to a rich family, we were servants.

I was always convinced Sokka would never come for me. He was mad I ran away with Aang, he didn't want to save Aang, he couldn't even figure out where I was.. Well, he did. Though he took his damn time with it! We were found tree years after being captured!

Sokka

Yeah. I just, you know, followed footprints then tackled three guys with two of my friends and a knife then interrogated them, stowed away with only my blade to the mainland, got jailed for being a stowaway for a year, ran to Ba Sing Se, threatened to kill one guy and ended up killing his dog, totally by mistake, got engaged for a full two minuted before my fiancee was killed, broke into a mansion, and saved your sorry asses.

I shoulda finished in a week.

Aang

Guys. No fights, please.

After that, we ended up coming here. Katara and I started to go on real dates, she got a job as a maid and he was a supermarket assistant and I was a preformer like Ikki and Jinora. Katara's friend Kya offered her a place to stay, now we're here.

Katara

That was the oversimplified version.

Sokka

Well, duh!

Aang

Do not think I will hesitate to seperate you like your father did when you were kids!

----------------------------------------------------

PART TWO - ZUKO, AZULA, & IZUMI'S STORY

"I call not it!" Zuko cried.

"Izumi, you tell." Azula said, giggling.

(sigh)
Hello, boys, my name is Izumi.

For the first time, one of them did something besides sit and quietly watch the person telling their story. Wen held up his hands and signed to his brother, "Ask about Princess."

"I'm not the princess, no, but that's my nickname around here."

"You can understand me?" Wen signed.

"Yes," she signed back.

My father was deaf. Wen and Zari nodded in understanding.

I was his little assistant, and I ran around doing all sorts of stuff for him. Then some distant relative of mine came and said he was raising me wrong, I had to leave with him, blah...

And I went. I met Zuko and Azula, my fifth-cousins-thrice-removed or something ridiculous like that, and we were good friends. I looked up to him like he was my father, he protected me like I was his daughter. Azula and I were like sisters.

Well, one day we ran away together because we'd been yelled at by this mean cook when he'd tried to grab a cookie for me. I ran and ran.. and he followed me. I was twelve, he was fifteen.

We were a town over when we found out he was wanted for kidnapping me. The cook had spun some lie, not wanting to get in trouble, about how she saw him threatening me to get on this backseat for a bike with his fire and how I obeyed but in tears, and how much she missed us.

So, we were afraid and ran to the next place we heard of, a Republic City. We got there when I was fourteen and he seventeen. We ran into Opal, who showed us here, and now we live here.

Azula

So, yeah, I'm Azula.

After they ran away, I went when I was thirteen to find them. Izumi caught me trying to steal from her purse - I didn't know it was her - and took me here. That's the simplified version.

----------------------------------------------------

PART THREE - OPAL'S STORY

I was in an orphanage and it burned down when some crazy firebender attacked us for no reason. I was scared shitless so I took off. I was already in Republic City, as long as I could remember. I had no family, no idea what happened to my parents. I ten and was completely alone in the world.

I was lucky enough to be caught and sold to a farm on the outskirts of the city for labor. I was - and still am - the kind of person that would feel bad stealing, have their pride injured by begging, and never once join a gang. At one point, I was collecting water from a river when I slipped and hit my head on a rock. I saw myself falling to the bottom and my lungs filled with a water ...

When I woke up, Kya and Katara were there. They'd been healing me. I was dead, and then I was alive. They brought me back to life. Ever since, I've been here. Part of why I love it is, we don't say we're family. We show it. We'd go to hell and back to save one another. And that's all that matters.

"Snaps to that," Asami said. Everyone began snapping, causing the shy Airbender to blush. Her cheeks grew an even deeper red when Bolin kissed the top of her head.

"Who's all left, anyways?" Jinora asked.

"Um," Ty Lee said, "Me, Suki, Iroh, and Mai."

"And, if they want, our guests," Katara said.

"Yeah, sure," Toph said. "Whatever. Can we continue storytime after we eat?"

"Can we have meat with dinner?" Sokka added.