Chapter 14

Tonight is the day of the big game. I'm so excited I've been waiting for this game my whole life, I know my dad would've been proud of me. 

Past 10 years ago

"Sweetie do you see that on the screen," my dad said as he pointed towards the screen showing guys running around carrying a ball.

"mhmmmm yeah," I said as I tilted my head examining the screen. Football was my dads passion he always wanted wanted to be an NFL football player but never succeeded, he always looked up to Jim Brown. 

"I want you to do great things like this, one day I hope you will become something amazing and remember I'll always be proud of you," Dad said as he smiled and hugged me, I hugged back smiling.

Present

After my mom left my dad for another man she abandoned our family. I never had a mom to give me girl talks, relationship advice, and to be there when I needed her to. I've always wanted a mother figure but my dad was so stubborn and caring towards me to even think about himself, thats what I loved about him he was the only person i could rely on. Sure i had my alive mother but i never want to see her, wht should i try to be part of her life when she wasn't part of mine. 

"Amber, Amber, Amber, AMBER," Cecelia said as she sat down at the lunch table across from me, interlacing her fingers with Daniels. They smiled at each other, i smiled to myself thinking they are the cutest couple in the school.

"so wheres Mr. Lover boy at?" Daniel said looking at me. 

"He went to do drills with the coach because he didn't attend the following practices," i said as he as he nodded his head lightly. Throughout lunch we talked about the game, and laughed. The bell fina'ly rung signaling us to head back to our classes. Finally classes were over and it was time to set up and get ready for the game.

Skipped time-- 1 hour 

The game was about to start, everyone was piling onto the bleachers, many were trying to grab food as they rushed towards the bleachers. All of us piled up on the field, reading the game plays off of a sheet, after many of us were done reading the opposing team ran onto the field. Many booed, or screamed losers because their team always lost ot ther schools.

"Well if it isn't a newbie," Andrew, the quarterback for the opposing team said.

"This team is in desperate need of a player, so they chose a girl to be on it," Andrew said as many of his teammates snickered.

"Well at least this girl can play better in you're position than you ever could," i said, just as the microphone started working, which made the crowd laugh.

We all got in our positions waiting for the Coach to blow the whistle, as soon as he blew it we run towards the ball, recieving many touchdowns. It was finally down by 1. The Coach blew the whistle again, and i ran towards Andrew, i pushed the ball out of his hands. The ball then flew in Jace's hands, he then passed it to Daniel, and then he passed it to mevi then ran as fast as i could to make a touch down and as i ran, Andrew tackled me causing the ball to fall out of my hands and out towards the end zone, it went through the bar just in time, causing a touchdown. We won. We all cheered and screamed the the top of our lungs, we cheered and danced all around.

--Senior year here i come--