scary love

A/N: FIRST OFFICIAL CHAPTER also we don't know a healthy relationship here just pointing that out

inspo: scary love, the neighbourhood

~

*ONE AND A HALF MONTHS LATER*

Your love is scaring me, no one has ever cared for me as much as you do...

Hannah's POV:

"Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool."

The last lines of True Romance fill the air until the ending credits roll and I finally take the chance to look at Billie. She's zoned out on the screen, not blinking, entranced in her thoughts. It makes me want to close my eyes and dive into her head to get lost and wrapped up in every single thing she's feeling.

My eyes tear away from her and scan through our broken-down apartment: the blinds that are never open, the dead bolted door, all the old artwork from fans that Finneas brought over to make it feel more special. That's when it spirals down like a winding staircase into the depths of the darkness of my guilt over our past. I know we both made mistakes, but Billie was the only thing I had to lose, and I was the only thing she got to keep. I could never tell her, but if I could go back in time, I would have let her go. I don't think I'm worth more than what she lost.

Billie takes her eyes off the screen and I feel her staring straight into me like I'm something she can't quite figure out. I slowly turn my chin to face her and she opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out for a few seconds.

"I would kill for you," she lets it out and I feel the pace of my heart slow down to almost nothing, then it starts to race.

"I know," my voice cracks over two words that seem normal unless given the context of me and Billie. She deflects my stare and her eyes fall to her lap.

"I know that was random and probably fucked up and crazy, and maybe you didn't want to hear it, but I needed to say it," Billie goes off, spewing the first thoughts that pop up. I slide over the cushions and lay my head over the tops of her thighs. I lace my fingers between hers and feel her cold palms warm up inside mine.

"I almost killed for you," I point out and she snorts in a sad type of way that I can't really explain.

"Because I shoved a damn gun in your hands and said do it."

I sit up a little to clear it up and wash away some of her guilt and mix it with my own, but she keeps talking.

"I feel like I corrupted you and turned you into someone you're not, someone you never planned on becoming," her voice drops low and deep. I shake my head and my fingertips graze underneath her chin to tilt her head down to look at me.

"Listen to me. If anything, I ruined everything for you and you shouldn't spend a single second feeling guilty about me," I say sternly, wanting her to know before it goes on any longer.

"But what if we were always going to turn out like this--"

"Billie..." I cut her off, pointing at the TV playing in the background softly, my eyes widening at the subtitles rolling across the bottom of the screen. She follows my look and her face darkens at the headline and person talking.

"I wasn't lying before; Billie was."

"So are you surprised about the prison break and her running off? And what do you think they're going to do now?"

"I'm not surprised at all. Billie's dangerous and she always has been. But now, I think they're too scared to show their faces. It's just too bad the destruction they've caused together, I don't think Hannah will ever be the same thanks to Billie," Justin spews his lies and searches for attention, clearly soaking it all up.

Billie hops up from the couch, pacing back and forth and running her hands through her hair. I know that face and she's pissed.

"I should've fucking killed him," she snaps and I try not to panic, try to find a way to get her to calm down. I stand up and force her to stop walking around and look at me, my arms thrown across her shoulders.

"It doesn't matter, they aren't going to find us, okay? He's just trying to feel important, come on, let's go to bed," I coax her away from the TV and into the other room.

I pull her close to me on the bed and run my fingers through her hair to keep her calm. The sound of our hearts almost synchronize after enough time and sooner than later I close my eyes and feel sleep wash over me.

Baby, you got me worried...

***

Billie's POV:

I pull my plain black hoodie all the way over my head, my thick dark shades covering almost all of my face except for my lips. I waited til' night to leave, and when I started walking I didn't have a plan. I still don't, I just know I need to see him. Whatever happens after happens. I've given up trying to have a plan for anything because it never works out. I do what I want when I'm wanting to.

Honestly, I needed to get out and think about me and Hannah. I feel guilty but she feels guilty too and pretends to not be. I'll do anything I can to take it all away from the both of us. She'll never know how she's worth more than anyone to me, even more than myself. Hannah makes me feel like nothing else exists.

I get to his door and push all my thoughts away. I think about turning back around now that I'm here, but my hand turns the doorknob and luckily this bitch left it unlocked for whatever reason. I almost feel like someone's behind me, and I whip my head around but there's nothing there, so I go in.

All the lights are on and I leave the door open, taking a step in. Something feels off, but maybe it's just my memories flooding back in from what happened last time I was here.

"Don't ever fucking say her name again."

"And you're no competition."

"Bet."

What am I doing here, fuck, fuck, fuck. I need to get out before he sees me, I fell for him baiting me, wanting me to fall into his trap. I turn around to back out the door when I feel an all too familiar neck of a gun pressed hard into the back of my head. Damnit, I don't know how to get out of this. I should've stayed safe with Hannah, I should've listened to her heart beating until I fell asleep and woke up at peace.

"I knew you'd come," Justin snarls in my ear.

If we fall apart, then it was our favorite dream.