The Kitty Shirt

Chapter 7: The Kitty Shirt

They hadn't mentioned the fact that Octavio still had trouble communicating for his age.

It hadn't even been a day and already she was frustrated with him. Jubilee held up the orange shirt with a roaring tiger with red flames spewing out of its mouth in one hand while in the other was a navy blue shirt with a white black-spotted dog with the prints 'Yo dawg!' off to the side. "Alright, one more time, Octavio. Which one do you want to wear?"

Octavio immediately dropped and wailed. "Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!"

She winced at his high-pitch scream and winced as it broke into another octave. "Okay, okay, enough!"

The small child sobbed piteously, his warm brown eyes blubbering with tears. He whimpered and pointed at the small pink shirt thrown off to the side.

"No, Octavio, your dad said no—"

He wailed.

Within five minutes, Jubilee had him (small beige khakis and pink shirt (that had 'I love pussy' and an innocent kitty at the front of his shirt)) strapped into his car seat and was speeding down the freeway in a brand spankin' new Lexus (which was recently bought for due to Reina's doubt of safety in Jubilee's old Civic) with children's music blasting from the stereo systems.

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, allll daaaaay loooooong—"

Jubilee winced and attempted to change the song.

"We all live in the yellow submarine—"

"Nuuuuuuuu!!!!"

"Alright!"

Octavio was babbling along with the lyrics, swinging his arms about as he squealed with the music. Jubilee rolled her eyes and did a quick three-lane change recklessly and exited on the next ramp. Within a few seconds, she was parked in front of the preschool, which was already infested with screaming children.

Shouldering the baby bag on, Jubilee reached forth and picked up Octavio from his car seat and set him on the floor. Without even thinking, Jubilee turned and walked towards the preschool, going through the diaper bag as Octavio toddled after her.

"What's the name of your child?" the woman at the entrance asked, her eyes glancing around for a toddler.

"His name is Octavio something...uhhh, Octavio Alvarado." Jubilee fished through the diaper bag for the piece of paper.

The woman, Joyce, narrowed her eyes at Jubilee suspiciously. "Are you his mother?"

"Gods, no!"

Joyce's eyes shifted to look at the other employee's expression of agreement. The preschool teacher's hand reached into her pocket for the pepper spray the possible woman-kidnapper when Jubilee flashed a white paper in front of her face.

"Mojojo!" Octavio squealed and held his arms up to be picked up.

"Here, take the kid!" Jubilee literally pitched the bag at Joyce's face and threw Octavio at the other woman's arms.

"Wait, his shirt!" Joyce screamed at the fleeing Jubilee. "It's inappropriate—"

"I'll be back at three!"

"Baaaaiii, Mojojojo!" Octavio blubbered; bubbles were fizzing out of his mouth. There were many times Octavio played this game with his parents. When they would pretend to leave only to turn around and pluck him back into their warm embrace. He clapped his hands and giggled until Jubilee walked around the white car.

It was then when he noticed Jubilee leaving he started screaming bloody murder. The small body writhed in Joyce's arms. He kicked and threw his fists around with little strength. His face turned red, eyes watering as he reached out with one small pudgy hand and screamed 'Mojojojo!' at the white Lexus with the laughing, cackling woman inside.

Author's Note:

I noticed a lot of you guys are enjoying the story! I've been getting adds and votes and that's wonderful! I've been a little MIA for the past few weeks, but I'll try to post as often as I can. 

How is everybody doing?? I live in California and the weather is killing me over here, whew!!! I'm trying to stay cool by staying indoor with cool a/c, and boy is it only going to get worse!

Patreon: MadameLeQueen

Instagram: MadameLeQueen