Chapter 8

When Bela woke up the next morning, she was greeted by a smiling Dean. "Morning." He said to her. Bela smiled but it faltered slightly. "You okay?" Dean asked her. "I-i don't know." She replied to him.  Then, now that she was more than half awake, everything came flooding back at once, with amazing clarity.

All the nightmares about being tortured in hell, dreams of her horrible childhood, and everything in between, crashed down on her. A choked sob escaped her throat, and he lifted her head. Bela couldn't see Dean properly through tears, but she knew all that was on his face was concern.

Dean scooted over next to Bela and pulled her into a hug, letting her head bury into his chest. "Make it stop. Make it stop." Bela kept whispering. "Stop what?" Dean asked her. "All the nightmares. Everything." She told him.

"You'll be okay, Bela. I promise." Dean told her and gently placed a kiss on her forehead. He could feel a wet spot on his shoulder from Bela crying but it didn't bother him. After minutes of silence he looked down at Bela who had fallen asleep while hugging him. This was good. She needed the sleep.

Instead of un-hugging her, he layed down with her and watched her sleep. She looked peaceful now.