ᴛᴡᴏ

Donghyuck lay on his bed, reading over the message Jeno had sent him yesterday and felt worse every second he spent looking at it. Maybe Jeno didn't want to hang out with Donghyuck after all the sulking he had been doing. Maybe Jeno felt weird meeting Donghyuck after so long. Or maybe Jeno found someone else's presence more interesting than his.

The twist in Donghyuck's stomach got worse as he began to overthink things again. His mind wandered along different possibilities and things started to slowly make sense. Before Donghyuck could think more on the incident and perhaps come to a conclusion, his phone rung with Mark's picture popping up on his screen.

"Hello?" Donghyuck said into the phone, confused as to why Mark would be calling at 12pm on a Saturday. Normally, Donghyuck wouldn't do anything the whole day, other than washing his clothes and actually getting some house chores done.

"Hey, Donghyuck, wanna grab some coffee?" Mark asked after a few seconds, panting as if he was out of breath.

"Um," Donghyuck looked around his room, checking to see if he had any work to do before turning his attention back to the phone and saying, "Yeah sure, where should we meet up?"

"I'm outside your house," Mark replied and a knock on the door followed it straight afterwards. Donghyuck jumped up in surprise and ended the call before rushing to clean his appearance up. He had spent a few hours crying before, so he hoped he didn't look too bad.

But Mark wouldn't say anything even if he did look bad. He would probably send him a look of concern, a steady hand on his arm and a smile warm enough to melt his heart. But Mark wouldn't ask unless Donghyuck was comfortable with telling him what the problem was. Mark was so nice—

Donghyuck shook his head and threw a hoodie on whilst stuffing his legs into some abandoned jeans in the corner of the room . Grabbing the phone that he had thrown away, Donghyuck dashes out of his room and flew down the stairs, thanking the fact that his parents were deep sleepers before opening the door.

"What took you so long?" Mark asked as Donghyuck slipped his feet into some trainers and then shuffled out of the house with him.

"I needed to get ready," Donghyuck replied, patting his hair down, which was sticking out in places. "You know, to look good."

"You would look good in anything," Mark said, smiling at Donghyuck and then realised that his compliment sounded a lot more like something else and quickly stuttered to clear the air, "I mean! You know, because uh-"

"It's okay, Mark," Donghyuck chuckled, holding his hand up to stop Mark from rambling on.

The two began to walk down the streets and allowed silence to be filled between them. Mark could see that Donghyuck wasn't in the mood to talk, clearly shown by the way he has his head tilted in the opposite direction, and Donghyuck didn't want to disturb Mark with his complaints, thinking he had done enough yesterday. Only after a couple of minutes, Mark tapped Donghyuck's shoulder, causing him to turn around, and then pointed at the building next to them.

"We've arrived," He said and then made his way towards the door. A bell-like sound echoed in the empty cafe and the duo strolled in, scanning the area to find somewhere to sit. "You can sit there, I'll get us something to eat."

Choosing to leave the drinks and food on Mark, Donghyuck nodded absentmindedly and slowly walked over to where Mark had pointed at. He took a seat and let out a sigh. It had been a while since he had gotten out of his house, other than yesterday which had been a fail, so he hoped today went well. Honestly, Donghyuck trusted Mark to make his day better and perhaps help him out of the strange feeling he had towards Jeno. He didn't know whether he was actually still attracted to Jeno like the first time they met.