Chapter 15, Holding Onto This Feeling

*Sky's P.O.V.*

Two months had passed since the incident. Rocky's cast had been taken off a couple weeks ago, and I was mostly healed. I still had some repercussions of my concussion, but those probably wouldn't go away.

I'd been in touch with a detective with LAPD and the two guys who assaulted and shot me were caught pretty quick. That's what happens when you commit crimes with tattoos all over your body. Ha, idiots. They were thrown in jail for aggravated sexual assault and attempted murder, which left them with a pretty hefty sentence.

Isaac had obviously broken up with Alexa, but he had come to find out that she had cheated on him as well. I guess Rocky was right, once a cheater always a cheater. He had gone back home to New York to catch up with Xander and make sure he wasn't being reckless.

That left Rocky and I all alone at the house. He had practically been living with me since he wanted to keep an eye on me. As much as I acted like I was annoyed by Rocky babying me, I couldn't help but feel so flattered. If it wasn't for him taking such good care of me, it probably would've taken longer for me to recover. Thank god I had him by my side through all of this crap.

And for once, things actually felt like they were going right. It was an odd feeling, being comfortable. A part of me was waiting for something bad to happen and take away this tranquil feeling, but the other part said to shut up and enjoy it. It wasn't often that I got some peace and quiet, especially with Rocky. We were doing great and that scared me.

A kiss to my bare shoulder pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Morning, baby," Rocky mumbled against my shoulder.

"Morning," I said back, turning around in his arms. His smile doubled in size as I faced him. He kissed me sweetly, despite the fact that we both had morning breath. Oh well, I didn't care.

"How are you feeling? Seems like you were thinking about something," he asked, running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm ok," I answered truthfully. "I'm just hoping our lives stay quiet like this for a while." I placed my hand on his neck as I maintained eye contact with him. The way he smiled did all kinds of things to my heart.

"Oh, come on," he chuckled. "Where's the fun in that?"

"Oh, yea, breaking up and being on the brink of death; love that," I laughed sarcastically. He chuckled again as his fingers stayed in my hair. I had to admit, waking up tangled into him every morning was the highlight of my day.

"You know I love you, don't you?" he muttered.

"Yea, I know," I whispered before kissing his cheek softly. "I love you, too. And I can't thank you enough for sticking by me through all of this."

"I told you you'd thank me one day," he smirked. My eyes rolled like they had a mind of their own, a smile stuck on my face.

"I'm trying to be nice here," I giggled as I lightly hit his shoulder.

"I know, babe," he replied. He planted a kiss on my lips, both of us smiling through it. "It was my pleasure to take care of you. Even though you got pissy sometimes, I still love you."

"Wow... dick," I muttered jokingly.

"Oh, shut up, you big baby," he chuckled as he moved to hover above me. He kissed me again, running a hand along the side of my body. My fingers found their way to his hair, sifting through it gently. He groaned quietly before deepening the kiss. His tongue trailed along my bottom lip for permission. Ah, hell no.

"Ok, that is where we draw the line," I giggled against his lips. "We need to brush our teeth."

"Ugh, such a girl," he murmured as he got up to go to the en-suite bathroom.