6. "Bucky?" (Steve)

Song: "Tragedy + Time" by Rise Against

     "So, you said the Soul World?" Natasha asks Carol, playfully twirling a lock of Carol's hair between her fingers.

     We're in a different section of the lab, researching a few things. Or, well, Carol is giving Tony buckets upon buckets of information, and she's upgrading his tech all at the same time. Tony, Rhodey, and Bruce are combing through the information in search of a specific set of characters.

     34BSRBΔΣLR7

     Apparently that's the code that my cosmic energy is known by, and Bucky's matches. That means that there are literally only two occurrences across all of the universe, and that he really is my soulmate.

     "How did you learn how to do all of this?" Tony asks Carol as he walks over, carrying two glasses.

     Carol eyes the glass skeptically as he holds one out to her, but Nat just smiles and says, "It's sweet tea, babe."

     Carol smiles and presses a kiss to the top of Nat's head, saying, "You're not a southern belle, but you're sweet enough for me."

     Tony smiles warmly as Carol takes the glasses from him and hands one to Nat.

     It's not the blueberry test, but it's good enough for now.

      I shoot a look at Tony.

      Relax, man.

She's been here for three months and he's still jumpy around her.

     "Can you help us with something, Cap?" Tony asks over his shoulder as he walks back toward Bruce and Rhodey.

     I sigh and follow, knowing full well that he's going to ask me about Nat.

     Once I'm within range, he lowly asks, "So this is real, right? I'm not just seeing things?"

     I roll my eyes, "Tony, no one knew except for Clint. She kept it buried far better than I ever could. And yeah, it's real. They're definitely an item."

     "We can hear you!" Nat calls over to us.

      "Well, now that it's out in the open," Tony says, "I should probably take the focus off of you, Nat, and pester Clint about his secret lover."

"How haven't you killed him yet?" Carol asks Nat.

Nat smirks, "He's one of my best friends, babe. He'll grow on you, I promise."

Clint pops his head through the air vent over Tony's head and glares at him.

"Heard you talking shit, Stark! You're fucking kidding me, right?" Clint snarks.

"It's not like you two spent a lot of time together," Tony points out. "And, well, you know...bullets."

Clint's eyes narrow.

Yikes.

"Steve, Natasha, want to help me out here?" Clint asks.

Tony raises an eyebrow.

"Another time, ladies and gents, we've got touchdown," Bruce says, putting his glasses up on top of his head. "Get ready for an end zone celebration!"

"You found it?" Carol asks, walking over with Natasha on her heels.

     Bruce pulls up the highlighted line of numbers.